Highest Rated 50 pint Dehumidifier
Finding the best dehumidifier for your home does not come easy. It needs time and effort. You must, if necessary, take professional assistance to understand the dehumidification requirements of the room or home. Choosing the right pint dehumidifier can be done only after understanding the requirements of your home.
In this article, we will discuss in detail the features and benefits that come with investing in the highest-rated dehumidifiers. We will take a closer look at 3 different 50-pint dehumidifier units that are the best in the market.
Who should buy a 50-pint dehumidifier?
How many pints a dehumidifier should be will depend entirely on the requirements of your home. Whether or not your home needs a 50-pint dehumidifier will depend on the humidity levels of your home. Homes that are exposed to climatic conditions that have high relative humidity levels naturally will be in need of a high-capacity dehumidifier.
Homes with large square feet of area and highly humid conditions will benefit from a 50-pint unit. However, even homes with large square feet of area might not have excess moisture at all times. Such homes could use a dehumidifier with lesser capacity. In these cases, a large capacity unit might lead to excessively drier air and environment.
These are the top 3 50-pint dehumidifiers in 2023 and what people love most about them:
The first unit that we have on the list, which has been rated as one of the best dehumidifiers that can be trusted for seamless extraction of excess moisture levels from the surrounding is the hOmeLabs 4,500 square feet 50-pint dehumidifier. This 50-pint dehumidifier from hOmeLabs comes with a long list of beneficial features that make it an ideal choice for energy-efficient dehumidification. It can reduce moisture levels and maintain the desired humidity level of even a large area.
balancing the relative humidity levels of an area of up to 4,500 square feet is carried out effectively by this hOmeLabs dehumidifier. The large capacity unit of this smart dehumidifier is specially designed for large-scale dehumidification. The fact that this 50-pint dehumidifier’s water tank capacity is built to hold the 50 pints of moisture removed from the humid air deserves appreciation.
Being one of the best dehumidifiers available in the market, you can rely on this model for user-friendly and mess-free maintenance of humidity levels. You can empty the tank manually or with a continuous drain option. The continuous drainage feature of this 50-pint dehumidifier comes in handy during continuous operation. The 24-hour cycle of this 50-pint dehumidifier is perfect for areas with excess humidity levels. Since the elegant design with compact size and features make this a portable dehumidifier, the hOmeLabs 50-pint unit is indeed the best dehumidifier for high humidity levels and the prevention of mold growth. Since the drain hose is not included in the purchase, this best dehumidifier also gives the option of connecting a garden hose with the internally threaded end.
Making the best use of the features in the hOmeLabs 4,500 square feet energy star dehumidifier is possible only by understanding how dehumidifiers work. You must know the modes available in the unit and how much moisture extraction is required of the square feet area of the room. This hOmeLabs 50-pint dehumidifier can remove moisture with its built-in compressor. The adjustable fan speed settings make it possible to render dehumidification as required. By understanding how much moisture exists in the room with the Humidity Sensor, you can opt for the Turbo Mode or the Normal Mode to reduce moisture levels.
The other additional features in this 4,500 square feet best dehumidifier that makes one among the most trustworthy 50-pint dehumidifiers are Auto shutoff, Auto restart function, Auto defrost, user-friendly control panel, energy star certification for energy efficiency even while operating for 24 hours continually, facility to automatically drain the water bucket to manually empty it using a garden hose or drain hose, large water tank capacity to hold the 50 pints of water removed, washable filter to maintain seamless indoor air quality, removal of dampness and musty odor from mold growth, etc.
Does this 50-pint dehumidifier meet your expectations from a unit that can offer seamless dehumidification? Invest in the hOmeLabs 4,500 square feet energy star certified 50-pint dehumidifier to keep any area protected from the effects of high humidity levels.
Pros and Cons of hOmeLabs 4,500 Square Feet Energy Star 50 Pint Dehumidifier
- One of the best dehumidifiers available in the market to reduce moisture levels.
- Perfect choice as a portable dehumidifier for laundry rooms, living rooms, crawl spaces, bedrooms, etc.
- Can extract excess moisture efficiently to give a noticeable difference.
- The adjustable humidity sensor makes it easy to maintain the desired humidity level in the space at all times.
- Balanced humidity levels at a low noise level are an added advantage.
- User-friendly control panel for effortless operation.
- Facility to utilize continuous dehumidification when there is too much humidity in the surrounding, which comes with the feature having continuous drainage. Continuous draining can be done with a drain or garden hose.
- One of the best dehumidifiers available in the market that comes with energy star certification. Being an energy star certified 50-pint dehumidifier makes this unit highly efficient to control the humidity level with lower energy costs.
- The energy star-certified design makes it possible to enjoy energy-efficient dehumidification even at multiple fan speeds.
- The Auto shutoff, Auto restart function, and Auto defrost feature support unmonitored mess-free operation.
- Recommended choice as one of the best dehumidifiers that comes with a built-in pump compressor for moisture removal.
- The washable air filter makes it easy to remove dust mites and other dust particles from getting accumulated on the air filter, ensuring better indoor air quality.
The next best dehumidifier that we have on the list is the Frigidaire 50 Pint residential dehumidifier. This is one of the best dehumidifiers from Frigidaire equipped to turn humid warm air into comfortable moisture-free indoor air. This unit is sturdy, durable, and highly effective in removing moisture that is in excess in the environment and maintaining the ideal relative humidity level.
The important feature of this best dehumidifier is its washable filter. The accumulated dust mites and other allergens that can diminish the quality of the air can be easily removed by simply washing the filter and replacing it back into the unit.
The water tank capacity of 2.11 gallons is large enough to hold the 50 pints of moisture removed from the humid and warm air per day. The water tank is removable and washable as well, ensuring that all mold, fungal, and bacterial growth is kept away. The continuous drainage option is a huge advantage when the water tank cannot be emptied and cleaned manually.
The simple and user-friendly control panel allows you to customize the humidity level to your comfort. The customizable humidity setting helps you to adjust the existing humidity level in the room. This makes this 50-pint unit a perfect companion in living rooms, bedrooms, office spaces, and anywhere else.
The built-in handles and caster wheels are the features that ensure this unit is a portable dehumidifier. You can move the unit around to any room of your choice to maximize dehumidification and comfort. The multiple fan speed settings are present to give you dehumidification as required for each room specifically. You can choose a comfort mode or a turbo mode to suit your necessity.
The other additional features in this 50-pint Frigidaire unit that make this one of the best dehumidifiers for high-capacity moisture extraction from humid spaces are; the low-temperature operation, front loading water tank, splash guard, Automatic shut off, Auto defrost, Auto restart, and more. This 50-pint unit is designed with the ability to operate at low temperatures down to 41 degrees F. The low-temperature operation makes this unit a convenient choice for dehumidification when the climatic conditions are not favorable for operation and drop suddenly. The facility to carry the water reservoir from the front with handles and the presence of a splash guard make it highly convenient for mess-free draining and cleaning. The Auto Shutdown, Auto restart, and Auto defrost are the other specifications that make this dehumidifier an ideal choice for large-capacity dehumidification for a home.
If this dehumidifier meets all your expectations for dehumidification from a 50-pint unit, bring home this dehumidifier to protect your home from the hazards of living in a place with excess humidity.
Pros and Cons of 50 Pint Frigidaire Energy Star Dehumidifier
- One of the best dehumidifiers with 50-pint moisture extraction from Frigidaire.
- A large water tank capacity of 2.11 gallons makes this sufficient to hold the condensed excess water content from the humid air.
- Customizable humidity sensors and settings make this suitable to remove moisture from any room.
- Equipped to reduce moisture with minimal noise level output without causing any disturbance in the room in which the dehumidifier is placed in.
- Continuous drainage and manual drainage are possible. Continuous draining via the hose makes it easy to carry out mess-free emptying of the water tank. The manual emptying of the water tank with the front handles and splash guard are the other features that support effortless mess-free draining.
- A high-performing energy star certified unit. The energy star certification ensures that utility bills do not shoot up.
- One of the best choices for a portable dehumidifier that can be moved to any area that is in need of humidity level maintenance.
- Auto defrost, Auto restart, and Auto shutdown are features that make it easier to have an unmonitored and continuous operation.
- The washable air filter is easy to maintain and free from dust mites, dust particles, and allergens.
- The compact and elegant design makes it perfect for any room in the house- bedroom, living room, office room, laundry room, crawl space, basement, etc.
The last unit that e have on the list as one of the best dehumidifiers in the market built to remove 50 pints of moisture per day is the Vremi 4,500 Square Feet Dehumidifier. This high-capacity dehumidifier is made for excellence when it comes to seamless dehumidification. It has a reputation for being the best dehumidifier available for performance and convenience.
The area coverage of this best dehumidifier can be experienced at 3,000 square feet to 4,500 square feet. This dehumidifier comes with the facility to choose between normal mode or turbo mode which will adjust the speed of the fan to suit moisture extraction as required. You can adjust the humidity settings to be maintained and also customize the fan settings for dehumidification.
The 1.8-gallon water reservoir is perfect in size to hold the water removed from the humid air. The moisture collected is stored in the reservoir which gives you two options for drainage. You can either select manual draining or continuous draining depending on your convenience. The unit will turn off automatically once the tank is full. This makes it easy to have a continuous 24-hour cycle for rooms that have excess humidity.
The compact size, elegant design, built-in wheels, and handles are suitable for portability. Automatic defrost, Automatic shutdown, Automatic restart, washable air filter, etc., are the other additional features that make this dehumidifier a reliable option for high pint dehumidification requirements. Invest in this model for your home, workspace, garage, or any other place that requires dehumidification.
Pros and Cons of Vremi 4,500 Square Feet Dehumidifier
- One of the best dehumidifiers available in the market for high-capacity dehumidification.
- Equipped to remove excess moisture content from an area of up to 4,500 square feet.
- Perfect choice for whole-home dehumidification, basements, office spaces, and garages.
- Comes with a 1.8-gallon water reservoir that is sufficient to hold the 50 pints of water removed per day.
- The water reservoir can be emptied manually or with an automatic drain feature with the drain hose outlet.
- Humidity level settings and fan settings can be customized.
- The continuous 24-hour cycle is built to carry out uninterrupted dehumidification.
- Built-in wheels and built-in handles are perfect for portability.
- Automatic shutdown when the tank is full prevents overflows, Automatic restart after a power outage, and Automatic defrost when the refrigerated coils have ice build-ups, are the other features that will work to the advantage of effortless dehumidification.
- Energy Star certified dehumidifier. The reliable energy star certification ensures that the utility bills are not increased with the high power operation of the unit.
How to use a 50-pint dehumidifier?
Any dehumidifier unit will come with a comprehensive user manual guide that will make it easy to perform the installation. You can follow the instructions to understand how the particular model that you have purchased needs to be used, with regard to its specific controls.
To start the dehumidification process in your 50-pint dehumidifier, you just have to install the unit with the power supply and drain option in place, whether you choose to drain upwards or gravity drainage, condensate pump, built-in pump, or any other mode of your choice; and hit start. The unit can take anywhere from 30 to 40 minutes to start the moisture extraction from the environment before you find any difference in the room.
Can a 50-pint dehumidifier be used in a garage?
Yes, most dehumidifiers that extract up to 50 pints of moisture per day are equipped to work in a garage. The features, efficiency, and performance of the dehumidifiers are built to cover a garage area. However, depending on how many pints you want to be extracted from the garage and depending on the climatic conditions of the garage, the model must be carefully selected.
If you are expecting to have low temperatures in garages or basements it is best advised to have units that come with low-temperature operation to prevent freezing or ice build-up within the unit.
Can a 50-pint dehumidifier be used in a grow room or greenhouse?
Yes. Although most 50-pint dehumidifiers are good performers in grow rooms and greenhouses, they might not have the features built into them that support the exceptional requirements of a grow room or greenhouse. Apart from regular residential dehumidifiers, grow room dehumidifiers are built with features that are meant to analyze the special humidity requirements of the plants. It is beneficial to invest in units that target these additional supportive factors.
Can a 50-pint dehumidifier be controlled remotely?
Almost all large-capacity units that are made in the market today are equipped with remote control systems. With advancements in technology, dehumidifiers are built with facilities to be connected to Wifi, Alexa, Google Home, and other remote systems. By allowing phone app accessibility, dehumidifiers make it easy and effortless to control operations remotely. Monitoring the device by receiving updates or setting reminders becomes easy with remote access.
1. Do dehumidifiers produce heat?
Yes. Like every electronic device, dehumidifiers produce heat when they operate. It is therefore advised to carefully place the unit ensuring there is sufficient space for the heat to travel out of the unit and the humid air to enter the unit.
2. Can a dehumidifier reduce mold and mildew?
Yes! Dehumidifiers are the most trusted devices to reduce mold and mildew in any space. Although air purifiers are highly efficient devices to remove allergens and maintain perfect indoor air quality, they are not capable of adjusting or altering the humidity levels of the space.
Since dehumidifiers manage the humidity levels of the space effectively, the conditions that favor mold growth and mildew are reduced. For this reason, it is suggested to invest in dehumidifiers to remove mold and mildew rather than relying solely on air purifiers.
3. Can a dehumidifier be used in a large room?
Yes, you can use dehumidifiers for large rooms. High-capacity dehumidifiers, like the 70-pint unit or 90-pint unit, can cover larger areas, even up to 6,000 square feet. Such dehumidifiers have the capacity to cover an entire home or office space as well. The 3 top-rated 50-pint units that we have discussed in the article are suitable choices for large rooms.
4. How long does it take a 50-pint dehumidifier to remove moisture from a room?
The time it takes to remove moisture from a room will vary for a space depending on the size of the room. The time it takes for the unit to process dehumidification soon after the setup will be longer than regular use.
It can take anywhere between 24 hours to 72 hours for the not to begin the process and cover the area successfully. Once the unit has been set up and operates every day, it can take anywhere between 15 minutes to 20 minutes to feel the effect of moisture extraction in the room.
5. Can a 50-pint dehumidifier help prevent condensation on windows?
Yes. The level of moisture removal offered by a 50-pint dehumidifier is fully capable of keeping condensation away from windows. Once the relative humidity level of the room is balanced, the other effects of high humidity like musty odors, dampness, and condensation are prevented.
With this, we have reached the end of the article. We trust the article helped you to identify the best smart dehumidifier with a 50-pint capacity. Invest in the model with the right features that will benefit your home and protect your space from the hazards of excess humidity. Make sure that you discuss your options with an expert before you decide which unit is the right choice for your home.
About The Author
Maria Smith is a certified HVAC/indoor air technician. She has been working in the industry for over 5 years and has a strong understanding of HVAC systems. She is passionate about providing her customers with the best possible service and ensuring that their HVAC systems are running efficiently and effectively.