Buying The Best Humidifier for a Grow Tent – A Complete Guide
Last updated on: December 1, 2023.
The choices that we have available in the market to carry out adequate humidification are plentiful. Cool and warm mist humidifiers, ultrasonic humidifiers, and evaporative humidifiers are the many types. The importance of having a humidifier for a grow tent must be emphasized. Like us, plants also have the necessity to be in areas that have balanced relative humidity levels.
Different stages of plant growth require different levels of moisture. Conserving the fact that plants are continually in touch with water or moisture, be it in the soil or in the air; balancing the humidity level is crucial and must be done carefully.
In this article, we will discuss the features and benefits of the different humidifiers available in the market for your grow tent. Finding the best humidifier for grow tent is easy with the list of units that we have here. Let us get started!
Signs that you need a humidifier for your grow tent:
Identifying that your grow tent has low humidity conditions is simple. You just have to observe the yield and plant growth. Here are a few signs that indicate your grow tent needs a humidifier.
- Soil dries quickly.
- Leaf, stem, and tissue damage.
- Wrinkling, curling, browning, wilting, and leaf loss.
- Stunted plant growth.
- Smaller size leaves and flowers.
- Brown tip of leaves.
If you notice these signs and symptoms of low humidity in your plants you must work on raising the humidity levels without delay, either naturally or by investing in a humidifier.
What size humidifier do I need for my grow tent?
Getting the right size humidifier is important. Only a unit of sufficient capacity will have the required potential to cover the area. It is also important to pay attention to the existing humidity levels in the grow room.
A small grow tent will benefit from a humidifier that can cover an area of 100 square feet. Larger grow rooms are definitely in need of larger units. A humidifier that has a large capacity and water tank that is equipped to cover an area of up to 600 square feet will be the best humidifier for a larger grow tent.
Comparing 7 Best Humidifiers For Grow Tent
Finding the right humidifier can be a challenge. With all the choices available in the market, it can get overwhelming to find the best choice. Here we have the 7 best humidifiers for a grow tent. Each of these units is designed to meet the ideal humidity conditions and also care for your plants.
This list has been compiled after careful analysis of the various features, pros, and cons of each unit. Let us take a look at the humidifiers that have a good reputation among trusted customers.
Comparing Best Humidifiers For Grow Tent
|Very Effective||VIVOSUN Cool Mist HumidifierSize: 16.5 x 11.38 x 7.95 inches
Weight: 5.5 lbs.
Additional Features: Timer Function, 1/2/4/8 hours, Air Ionization / Built-in Filter / Diffuser
|Runner Up||LEVOIT Humidifiers for BedroomSize: 9.65 x 7.56 x 13.39 inches
Weight: 4.4 lbs.
Additional Features: Extra Large Water Tank, Essential Oil Tray, Zero Light Pollution
|Budget Pick||Pure Enrichment® MistAire™ Ultrasonic Cool Mist HumidifierSize: 6 x 8 x 9 inches
Weight: 1.35 lbs.
Additional Features: Hassle-Free Assembly, Easy-Fill Water Tank, Year-Round Comfort
|VENTA LW25 Original HumidifierSize: 13 x 11.8 x 11.8 inches
Weight: 8.5 lbs.
Additional Features: Mist-free evaporative humidification, six different fragrances, two or three power levels
|Inkbird Reptile Humidifier Fogger TerrariumsSize: 11.6 x 15 x 24.4 inches
Weight: 53.5 lbs.
Additional Features: Anti-leaking Design, Comfortable Fog Output, Silent Humidification
|Inkbird Humidity ControllerSize: 5.7 x 5.7 x 8.9 inches
Weight: 2.16 lbs.
Additional Features: Wide application, High & low humidity alarms, Dual screens display
|YOKEKON Cool Mist Whole House Large HumidifierSize: 15.4 x 10.8 x 23.2 inches
Weight: 39.7 lbs.
Additional Features: Customized Humidity, Easy to Maintain, Timer & Water Shortage Protection
The best grow tent humidifier that we have first on the list is the VIVOSUN Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier. This best humidifier for grow tents is equipped with several features that make it an ideal choice to promote plant growth and keep the humidity levels at a constant comfortable level for indoor gardening. Let us take a look at the features that make this model one of the best grow tent humidifiers.
This stylish humidifier for grow tents has a 6L water tank. This large capacity of the water tank is sufficient to meet the needs of continuous operation for large rooms. The VIVOSUN Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier can humidify rooms for 8 hours continually. Frequent cleaning of the large tank using a simple cleaning brush to keep away mold growth. Any mold allowed to grow in the unit can lead to the dispersal of mold particles into the grow room. All indoor growers must be cautious about mold particles in the replacement filters and any other part of the unit.
The auto shut-off feature in the VIVOSUN Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier is important for indoor gardening. It is one of the important humidifier features that offer Dry burn protection and ensures the humidifier is safe and lasts long. The air ionizer, built-in filter, and the facility to add essential oils are features that make this unit a preferred choice over other humidifiers. The VIVOSUN Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier for grow tent is perfect to keep the humidity levels of grow tents balanced, while also keeping the air quality seamless and filled with fresh aroma. This makes this a suitable choice not alone as the best grow tent humidifier but also for any large room.
Moreover, this grow room humidifier offers fairly quiet operation by running under 38dB. This quiet operation makes this the best humidifier for grow tents suitable even for bedrooms and nurseries. The peaceful Sleep mode is designed to turn off the night light and sound to create a calm ambiance, making it one of the best grow room humidifiers you can find.
Does the VIVOSUN Cold Mist Humidifier have all the features you look forward to from the best grow tent humidifiers? If yes, make a thorough analysis of your grow room requirements and the features before you invest in this cold mist humidifier.
Pros and Cons of VIVOSUN Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier
- A highly recommended choice as the best humidifier for grow tent to maintain humidity levels in dry air.
- An ultrasonic humidifier that is built with more than enough power to balance the desired humidity level in grow rooms for seamless indoor gardening.
- One of the best ultrasonic humidifiers that are energy efficient while monitoring and maintaining the relative humidity levels of large rooms and grow tents.
- The large 6L water tank is adequate to support humidification essential for plant growth and is therefore trusted as the best humidifier for grow tent.
- This best grow tent humidifier allows you to adjust the humidity settings and mist output with the 360-degree nozzle across the grow tents.
- This best grow room humidifier features, whisper-quiet operation, an auto shut-off feature to prevent high humidity, an essential oil tray, and a user-friendly water tank that is convenient to clean with a simple cleaning brush to keep mold growth away
- One of the preferred choices over other humidifiers for effective fine mist dispersal and durability.
The best humidifier for grow tent that we have next on the list is another cool mist ultrasonic humidifier. The LEVOIT humidifier is a brilliant choice among ultrasonic humidifiers for effective monitoring and control of the relative humidity levels in grow rooms. The large capacity of the LEVOIT Humidifier makes it a trusted option among most humidifiers that function as a grow tent humidifier.
The 6L water tank is sufficient to create fine mist water vapor to raise the low humidity levels of an area of up to 505 square feet. This large capacity enables this LEVOIT grow tent humidifier to maintain the desired humidity levels for 60 hours continuously. Despite the large size and capacity of the water tank, frequent cleaning of the tank is effortless. The top-fill design of this best grow room humidifier is convenient for refills and cleaning to prevent mold growth and mold spores. This ensures the that as they blow air as water vapor or cool mist into the dry air, it is kept free from mold and allergens.
With this best humidifier for grow tent, you can be assured of creating the perfect humidity level for tropical plants and other plant growth. Unlike other humidifiers, this grow room humidifier has humidity settings and adjustable cool mist options to prevent high humidity or low humidity. The Sleep mode also helps to create the perfect ambiance for relaxation by dimming the night light. The presence of an essential oil tray makes it a sought-after best grow tent humidifier. You can add essential oils of your choice to fill the space with aromatherapy as and when required.
Being of the advanced grow room humidifiers, this model also has the facility to connect the device to VeSync App. Connectivity to Alexa with voice command, Automatic shut off feature, and more make room for convenient operation even remotely.
The best feature of this ultrasonic humidifier is the comprehensive plant-care program. If you are an indoor grower looking for an advanced grow tent humidifier to support healthy plant growth, this LEVOIT cool mist humidifier might be the best addition to your indoor gardening.
Do the features of this LEVOIT ultrasonic humidifier meet all your expectation as the best humidifier for grow rooms? If yes, thoroughly study humidifier features before investing in this best grow tent humidifier for your home.
Pros and Cons of LEVOIT Cool Mist Humidifier
- One of the best grow tent humidifiers available in the market with advanced features.
- The large capacity of the water tank is sufficient to create the water vapor required to cover an area of 505 square feet; making this one of the best grow tent humidifiers for large grow rooms.
- A convenient option is a grow tent humidifier to maintain the relative humidity level with its humidity settings. Helps to prevent high humidity levels due to its controlled cool mist dispersal across the grow room.
- Equipped with special features like accessibility to VeSync App, Alexa, Automatic shut off, comprehensive plant-care programs, fairly quiet operation, aroma box to add in essential oils, and more.
Adding moisture to dry air in with the right balanced levels can be done using the Pure Enrichment Mistaire Cool Mist Humidifier. This ultrasonic humidifier is rated as one of the best grow tent humidifiers due to its efficiency and durability. This Pure Enrichment Mistaire ultrasonic humidifier is a relatively smaller unit when compared to other humidifiers for grow tents on the list here.
The 1.7L water tank capacity is designed to maintain the humidity levels of small to medium-sized grow tents. This cool mist humidifier can cover an area of 250 square feet for 25 hours continuously. Being one of the best grow tent humidifiers on the market, the small unit is convenient and effortless to use with its simple and elegant features.
Cleaning the water tank to prevent mold growth and mold spores is a breeze. It is easy to refill the water tank as well. The 360-degree mist nozzle in this Pure Enrichment grow tent humidifier is responsible for distributing the water vapor across the grow room evenly. The humidity settings built into this grow tent humidifier make it possible to adjust the humidity levels to be maintained to suit the comfort of the plants. The low and high-speed settings will ensure that the tropical plants or any other plants that you have placed in a grow room maintain the desired humidity level.
This Pure Enrichment Ultrasonic humidifier also makes it simple to create a calm and peaceful ambiance. Its Whisper-quiet operation and soothing night light glow ensure that the perfect environment for undisturbed sleep is created, making this unit, not just the best humidifier for grow tent but also for a bedroom or nursery. It is also the best budget humidifier for grow rooms available in the market.
Are you interested in the features built into the Pure Enrichment Mistaire Cool Mist Humidifier? Invest in this ultrasonic humidifier to have seamless humidity levels maintained in your grow tent for healthy plant growth.
Pros & Cons Of Pure Enrichment Mistaire Cool Mist Humidifier
- One of the best opinions is a grow tent humidifier is small and convenient.
- A sturdy and energy-efficient design.
- Built with adjustable humidity level settings to prevent high humidity levels from taking over the grow room.
- An ideal choice as the best grow tent humidifier for small to medium-sized grow rooms of 250 square feet.
- Comes with a good water tank capacity that is sufficient to meet the needs of the grow room for 25 hours continually.
- A highly recommended choice as the best humidifier for grow tents that look for adjustable cool mist settings, Auto shut off feature, night light, and quiet operation.
- The water tank is suitable for frequent cleaning to prevent mold growth.
- The best budget humidifier for those looking for a highly efficient unit for grow tent humidification under a budget.
Next on the list of the best humidifier for grow tents, we have one of the most recommended evaporative humidifiers. The VENTA Evaporative Humidifier is one of the best evaporative humidifiers that are famous for its seamless humidification. This reliable evaporative humidifier is an ideal choice to control the humidity level in any area it is placed in, especially in a grow room.
The VENTA Evaporative Humidifier can cover an area of up to 430 square feet. This area coverage can be perfect for a medium to large-sized grow room, making this one of the best grow humidifiers for grow tents. You can expect to have healthy humidified air to an optimal 40-60% from this grow tent humidifier.
The VENTA evaporative humidifier has been designed to provide cold evaporative humidification without the use of filters. It has the ability to naturally reduce allergens and microbes (including mold spores), by keeping the humidity level perfectly balanced. Moreover, with this evaporative humidifier, you can use tap water without being worried about spreading white dust.
The other features built into this unit, one of the best evaporative humidifiers for a grow room are; three power level options, an LED status display, an auto shut-off feature in case of low water level in the water tank, and more.
Does the VENTA evaporative humidifier meet your expectations as the best grow tent humidifier? If yes, carry out a thorough study of its features with the requirements of your grow room before you make the investment.
Pros and Cons of VENTA Evaporative Humidifier
- One of the best evaporative humidifiers on the market.
- A highly recommended model is an efficient grow tent humidifier that can cover an area of up to 430 square feet.
- This VENTA unit is the best humidifier for grow rooms to support the healthy growth of plants by providing the ideal humidity levels.
- It has been designed to provide humidified air to an optimal 40-60%, without the need for replacement filters
- VENTA evaporative humidifiers are made to be safe for tap water use.
- Although do not have any filters built into them, they can keep the air naturally safe for inhalation and free from pollutants by balancing the ideal humidity level.
The unit that we have next as the best grow tent humidifier is the Inkbird Humidifier. This isn’t just one of the best grow tent humidifier models that you can find, but it has also been designed to suit different enclosures (for reptiles and snakes).
The 4L large capacity of the water tank comes with an adjustable fog output of up to 380ml per hour. This can be adjusted to meet the expectations of tropical plants or other plants that are present in the grow room.
Another interesting feature of the Inkbird unit that makes it the best humidifier for grow tents is its Dry Out Protection. The fogger will stop its operation when the water tank runs out of water. This will be detected by a white buoy. Once the white buoy detects an empty water tank it will turn on an indicator light that will go red.
The unit comes with an extendable hose, from 25.2 inches~68.5 inches, and 2 suction cups. All of these add-ons come along with this tent humidifier. Another advantage of this best humidifier for grow tent is its Anti-leaking Design. The water tank of the Inkbird Humidifier has a detachable design. This ensures that the water tank would not leak when the tank is being departed. You must note that the White Circle Buoy is a dry-out protection fitting for the humidifier. This tent humidifier will not work if the white buoy is not being installed.
Are you happy with the features that are built into the Inkbird Humidifier? Bring home this best humidifier for grow rooms and other reptile enclosures to maintain the humidity level seamlessly.
Pros and Cons of Inkbird Humidifier
- The best humidifier for grow rooms and for reptile enclosures.
- The Inkbird Humidifier is built with a large capacity 4L water tank.
- This best grow tent humidifier comes with an adjustable water vapor fog output of up to 380ml per hour.
- The other special features of the Inkbird grow room humidifier is; Dry-out Protection with an indicator, Extendable Hose, Anti-leaking Design, and more.
The grow room humidifier that we have next on the list is the Inkbird Humidity Controller. A grow room with different kinds of plants, including a mushroom greenhouse can benefit from the features of this humidity controller. Enjoy increased yield and healthy plants with the Inkbird Humidity Controller.
This best humidifier for grow tent allows you to adjust or control the level of humidity that is most comfortable for the plants by setting the value and differential value. The most appreciated feature of this grow room humidifier is the facility to switch between humidification and dehumidification modes automatically. This ensures that the environment is maintained with relative humidity at all times. A healthy relative humidity level will prevent mold growth and keep the plants healthy.
The Inkbird Humidity Controller will keep away the hazards of high humidity, including mold, dampness, and musty odor. This tent humidifier comes with an alarm for sensor error when the humidity levels have exceeded or go below the set values.
Are you interested in the Inkbird Humidity Controller for your grow room? Visit your nearest retailer to purchase this unit at the best cost and you keep your home or grow area free from the side effects of poorly balanced humidity levels.
Pros and Cons of Inkbird Humidity Controller
- A trusted humidity controller to balance the humidity levels of grow rooms.
- Gives the assurance to support the growth of plants and prevent mold growth.
- Comes equipped with helpful features like humidification and dehumidification modes, adjustable humidity setting, Delay protection for Control output, Query current temperature, and alarm for sensor error, and when humidity levels are not maintained.
The last best grow tent humidifier that we have on the list is another large-capacity ultrasonic humidifier. The YOKEKON 20L Large Ultrasonic Humidifier is not just one of the highly recommended ultrasonic humidifiers for humidification of any area that has too much space to be covered, but it is also the best grow tent humidifier that can support the growth of plants.
Let us take a look at the features that make this YOKEKON unit the best grow tent humidifier to rely on. The large water tank capacity makes this an ideal choice for commercial and industrial purposes. The 20L water reservoir is responsible for holding the adequate amount of water needed to humidify any space up to 2000 square feet. This large square feet area can be humidified for up to 15 hours continually.
You can be assured of faster and even humidification of the grow tent with the special branch design of the most nozzle. Adding to the 360-degree mist output, the 4 atomizers deliver 200% faster humidification. These adjustable mist nozzles also have 3 mist settings. You can rest assured that your plants are getting water vapor distribution levels across the grow room.
The other features that make this one of the best ultrasonic humidifiers are; a built-in adjustable humidistat, self-cleaning light, auto shut off, convenient spill-free water tank, timer, and water shortage protection, etc. The capacity of the YOKEKON makes it the best humidifier not just for grow tents but also for commercial and industrial purposes.
Do you want to invest in the YOKEKON 20L Ultrasonic Humidifier? Make sure you carry out a thorough analysis of all the features and requirements of the plants in the grow tent before you bring home this unit.
Pros and Cons of YOKEKON 20L Large Ultrasonic Humidifier
- The best humidifier is available in the market for commercial and industrial humidification.
- Equipped with more than enough power to deliver 15 hours of moisture added to a dry environment for up to 15 hours continually.
- Covering an area of 2000 square feet is done effortlessly with the 360-degree rotatable mist nozzle.
- Built with user-friendly design, auto shut off, timer, and more.
How to raise humidity in grow tent without humidifier?
There are a few methods by which you can raise the humidity in the grow room without the use of other humidifiers.
- Placing an open bowl with warm water or a steel bowl with water to promote evaporation. This will add moisture to the space.
- A soaked sponge or wet towel is capable of slowly adding moisture to the space.
- Reducing the ventilation will increase the humidity of the grow room.
How to fit humidifier in small grow tent?
If your grow room does not have floor space to fit a humidifier in it, you can fit the humidifier at an elevated position, preferably on a shelf.
VIVOSUN Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier is the best humidifier available in the market to provide effortless humidification.
LEVOIT Humidifier is the next best humidifier that is trusted for effortless humidification for the grow room.
The budget-friendly humidifier for a grow tent, that does not compromise on its performance is the Pure Enrichment Mistaire Cool Mist Humidifier.
1. How Much Humidity Should be in a Grow Tent?
The ideal relative humidity to be maintained in a grow tent will vary for different stages. The flowering stage will benefit from 40% to 50%, the seedling or early stage at 70% to 75%, and the other vegetable stage at 50% to 70%.
2. Can you use regular humidifier for grow room?
A regular humidifier can provide the humidification that one expects, but might not have the special features for plant care and maintenance. Humidifiers for grow tents might have special features to improve their performance.
3. Which is the best humidifier for 4×4 grow tent?
The best humidifier for a 4×4 grow tent is the VIVOSUN Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier. The 6L capacity and 8 hours run time are perfect to humidify a 4×4 grow tent.
4. Do you need a humidifier in a marijuana grow room?
Cannabis plants also require healthy and consistent humidity levels for their growth. Greenhouses and grow tents for cannabis plants must be maintained with all the facilities required to enhance plant growth.
5. Which is the best small humidifier for 3×3 grow tent?
The best humidifier for a 3×3 grow tent is the Pure Enrichment Mistaire humidifier. This unit is small, convenient to use, and also highly efficient. This unit is also budget-friendly thereby making it a suitable choice for those looking for small-scale humidification.
6. Where to place humidifier and fan in grow tent?
Experts suggest that a humidifier and fan can be placed inside the grow tent or close to the intake duct. However, you must never forget to place the unit in a slightly elevated position. This alone ensures an even distribution of moisture across all the nooks and corners of the grow tent. This applies to both cool and warm mist humidifiers.
7. Can humidifiers damage grow lights?
Although humidifiers do not directly affect any electronic gadget, you must bear in mind that electrical equipment placed next to a moisture source is prone to damage down the lane. Whether you have a warm mist humidifier or a cold mist humidifier, you must always direct the mist nozzle away from all electronic devices and furniture in the room.
With this, we have reached the end of the article. We trust the article helped you to identify the best grow tent humidifier that will meet your needs. Make sure you make a list of your expectations from the unit and the requirements of the plants in your grow room before you invest in any warm mist humidifier, cool mist humidifier, or ultrasonic humidifier.
About The Author
Olivia — a self-confessed air quality addict — is a home climate enthusiast, fresh air advocate, and someone with deep personal experience and knowledge about mold extermination. Her work was mentioned in countless notable humidity publications. Previously she was an editor at Mold Remediation.