Best Plant Humidifier For Your Indoor Plants – A Detailed Buying Guide
Last updated on: December 1, 2023.
Maintaining the right relative humidity levels in any room is essential. Likewise, balanced room humidity levels even for indoor plants are important. Keeping indoor plants healthy by using the best plant humidifiers is an excellent choice. There are different types of indoor plants and the amount of moisture each requires will vary.
In this article, we will take a look at the best humidifiers for plants available in the market. The best plant humidifier models that we have the capacity to provide the right moisture levels for humidity-loving plants or tropical plants accordingly. Many gardeners find plant humidifiers worth investing in for the several benefits to help the plants grow with the desired humidity.
6 Benefits of a Humidifier for Your Houseplants:
The benefits of using a humidifier for plants are many. Once you begin to notice signs of low humidity in your room, it is time to take caution. These are the reasons why using a humidifier for houseplants is a good choice.
- Humidifiers improve air quality.
- They add moisture to the air around the plants and maintain the desired humidity level.
- Providing sufficient moisture content in the air promotes plant growth.
- Humidifiers improve yield and ensure healthier growth.
- Prevents loss of water from evaporation and transpiration that occurs from dehydration.
- Prevents plant diseases and signs of dryness such as wilting, yellowing, leaf drooping, browning of leaf tips, etc.
Your air might be less humid if you notice the following symptoms:
Low humidity levels come with certainly many warning signs. If you notice these signs around your home, it indicates that the air is less humid.
- Increase in allergies, chest congestion, stuffy nose, and other flu-like symptoms.
- Yellowing of leaves.
- Dry and crisp leaves.
- Leaf drooping.
- The poor yield of flowers and leaves.
- Stunted growth or smaller size of leaves.
- Dry soil and base shortly after misting or watering the plants.
What kind of humidifier should be used for plants?
The ideal type of humidifiers is cool mist, warm mist, and ultrasonic humidifiers over evaporative humidifiers.
Comparing 8 Best Plant Humidifiers in 2023
|Our Top Pick||LEVOIT Humidifiers ✦ Comprehensive plant-care programs
✦ Extra Large Water Tank of 6L
|Runner Up||Konsiden Humidifiers✦ Customized Humidity
✦ Can fully control the mist flow direction
✦ Noise levels as low as 35dB
|Raydrop Humidifiers✦ Adjustable mist output
✦ Lower than 30 dB
✦ Automatically shuts off
|Govee Smart WiFi Humidifiers✦ Can adjust the mode using app
✦ Highest mist height
✦ Easy to refill water and clean
|Homedics Humidifiers✦ 3 cool mist settings
✦ Complete Coverage
✦ Tank lasts for days
|LEVOIT Quiet 3L Humidifier✦ One-step refilling process
✦ 2 in 1 diffuser humidifier
✦ 2-year warranty
|Pure Enrichment® MistAire™ Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier✦ Powerful mist output
✦ Optional Night Light
✦ BPA-free humidifier
|ENPULY 5L Top Fill Humidifiers✦ Creates good conditions for plants.
✦ 6 Mist Levels
✦ Maximum coverage of 550 sq. ft
The first best humidifier for plants that we have on the list is the LEVOIT 6L Ultrasonic Humidifier. This cool mist humidifier is an ideal choice to add excess moisture to dry air. It improves air circulation by adding cool mist and water vapor to the dry space. Let us take a look further at the features that make this unit one of the best ultrasonic humidifiers for plants.
The 6L water tank capacity of the LEVOIT unit is a large unit size among other cool mist humidifiers. It is sufficient to add adequate moisture to an area of 505 square feet. The top-fill humidifier for plants is convenient to handle. The tank also has a separate provision to add essential oils of one’s choice to get calming aromatherapy and maintain humidity levels.
This smart humidifier can be connected to Alexa and the VeSync APP for effective remote control, thereby making the LEVOIT unit one of the best humidifiers for plants. The Auto Mode on this best plant humidifier ensures that the unit is prevented from adding too much moisture to the surrounding. Maintaining the desired humidity levels without monitoring is possible with this plant humidifier.
The added advantage of purchasing this LEVOIT unit, one of the best humidifiers for plants is its multiple plant care programs. The unit also comes with scanning recognition and specialized custom plant management. It is indeed the perfect model for both you and your plants. Do you want to bring home this LEVOIT Ultrasonic Humidifier? Visit Amazon.com for more exciting offers on this unit.
Pros and Cons of LEVOIT 6L Cool Mist Humidifier:
- One of the best humidifiers for plants to raise humidity levels in a dry environment.
- A large water tank capacity. The humidifier’s water tank is adequate to cover 505 square feet.
- An ideal plant cool mist humidifier to add moisture to a low humidity area.
- The absolute humidity levels can be maintained seamlessly by this cool mist humidifier for plants.
- Best plant humidifier that comes with sleep mode and whisper-quiet operation.
- This best plant humidifier is equipped with cool mist options to adjust the mist output. You can select either the low mist setting or a high mist setting.
- The LEVOIT plant humidifier guarantees to keep indoor plants healthy with its specialized custom plant management.
- The top-fill humidifier is easy to refill and empty the tank.
- A smart humidifier for plants with remote control and Alexa access.
- This best plant humidifier also allows aromatherapy by adding essential oils.
The next best plant humidifier that we have on the list is the KONSIDEN 8L Cool Mist Humidifier. This cool mist humidifier is perfect to add adequate moisture to a space that has a low humidity level range. This KONSIDEN unit is one of the best cool mist humidifiers for plants that are equipped with special features to balance the mist output from the unit, making sure that it does not add too much humidity that will eventually lead to high humidity and damage the plants.
The 8L water tank capacity of this ultrasonic humidifier is perfect to cover a room of size 505 square feet. The top-fill humidifier is easy to refill and empty the tank while cleaning. The built-in humidistat ensures the right absolute humidity levels are maintained. The Auto Shut Off feature, Sleep Mode, and Whisper-quiet operation make this cool mist humidifier a suitable choice for both you and your indoor plants. The aroma box is perfect to fill the space with calming scents of your choice.
This KONSIDEN 8L unit is one of the best humidifiers for plants that has a 360°rotating nozzle. The amount of water vapor dispersed across the room can be controlled by this. The simple digital display and remote control feature is certainly an advantage over any small humidifier for plants.
Does the KONSIDEN 8L cool mist humidifier have all the features you expect to see in plant humidifiers? If yes, visit Amazon.com to purchase this unit at the best price.
Pros and Cons of KONSIDEN 8L Cool Mist Humidifier:
- The best plant humidifier in the market from KONSIDEN adds moisture using cool mist.
- One among the cool mist humidifiers that help to adjust mist temperature.
- The ability to maintain the humidity levels covering an area of 505 square feet makes it one of the best humidifiers for plants,
- This KONSIDEN is one of the best ultrasonic humidifiers that delivers whisper-quiet operation.
- The adjustable water vapor output with its 360-degree mist nozzle helps to maintain the relative humidity levels seamlessly.
- Despite the large water tank capacity, the reservoir is easy to clean.
- One of the trustworthy units that function as steam humidifiers and diffusers with provision to add essential oils.
- The adjustable mist output can control how much humidity is maintained without adding excess moisture to the space.
- The remote control’s convenient access makes it one of the best humidifiers for plants.
- Other impressive features like sleep mode, low mist settings, and a high mist setting are built into the unit.
- An ideal choice even in a cold climate, for both you and indoor plants.
The plant humidifier that we have next on the list to raise humidity levels carefully, without adding too much humidity is the Raydrop 6.5L Ultrasonic Humidifier. This unit has a large water tank capacity of 6.5L which is sufficient to create the mist necessary to cover a room of 430 square feet. The top-fill humidifier’s water tank is not just convenient to clean and portable, like a small humidifier, but is also equipped to run for 42 hours continually.
The Raydrop 6.5L Ultrasonic Humidifier is one of the best plant humidifiers worth investing in that comes with adjustable cool air circulation. The cold mist output can be selected to suit one’s comfort and what the room requires. The silent whisper-quiet operation is perfect for bedrooms and nurseries as well.
The Auto Shut Off feature in the Raydrop 6.5L Ultrasonic Humidifier ensures the safety measures of using this unit. Does this Raydrop plant humidifier meet your expectations? Visit Amazon.com to learn more about his unit and to purchase this best humidifier for plants at an exciting offer.
Pros and Cons of Raydrop 6.5L Ultrasonic Humidifier:
- One of the best humidifiers for plants to maintain relative humidity levels.
- A sturdy unit that is equipped to cover 430 square feet for 42 hours continually.
- Trusted unit among ultrasonic humidifiers with a large tank capacity to maintain room humidity level.
- An optional night light is built into the Raydrop best plant humidifiers.
- One of the best cool mist humidifiers from Raydrop with an adjustable cold mist output.
- A top-fill humidifier to fill distilled or filtered water and easy cleaning of the water tank.
- It is a choice ideal for humidity-loving plants.
The next unit that we have on the list of the best humidifiers for plants has a reputation for being a smart unit. It is equipped with several advanced features with aid from recent technology. The Govee Smart Cool Mist Humidifier is exactly what a home needs to raise indoor plants of tropical plants with a healthy humidity level if they are going to be unmonitored for long hours.
The 3L water tank of the Govee Smart Cool Mist Humidifier is adequate to meet the requirements of a small to medium-sized room. This plant humidifier comes with 8 mist level adjustments. This ensures that the humidifier depends on the existing humidity level to be the decision-maker of its function. The high and low water vapor adjustments are a welcomed addition gaming several owners.
The top fill provision to add in distilled water or filtered water is convenient to use. It also makes emptying the tank and refilling it with water a mess-free and spill-free process. This best humidifier from Govee has an Auto Mode to increase efficiency and performance. With this feature, the humidifier will turn Off the unit once the target humidity level is reached and it will turn back On once the humidity level drops below 3% of the target level.
The important reason for the Govee Smart Cool Mist Humidifier being one of the best humidifiers8+ for plants is its technological advancement. The Smart App Control enables the user to adjust the Auto Mode, Custom Mode, Display Off, Timers, Schedules, Mist Levels, and Safety Lock remotely. The humidifier is also equipped to work with Alexa, Google Assistant, or IFTTT for voice control.
Does the Govee Smart Cool Mist Humidifier have the features you expect from a smart plant humidifier? If yes, visit Amazon.com right away to bring home this unit at an exciting offer price.
Pros and Cons of Govee Smart Cool Mist Humidifier:
- One of the most preferred cool mist humidifiers to maintain the desired humidity levels of the room.
- The ideal choice for a plant humidifier is to add the required moisture for indoor plants or tropical plants with its 3L water reservoir capacity.
- Built with adjustable mist temperature and 8 mist level adjustments.
- One of the best humidifiers for plants in the market with smart features to adjust the Auto Mode, Custom Mode, Display Off, Timers, Schedules, Mist Levels, and Safety Lock.
- Equipped with the ability to work with Alexa, Google Assistant, or IFTTT for voice control.
The next unit that we have on the list is the HoMedics Ultrasonic Humidifier. The features built into this ultrasonic device are sturdy and highly functional. The Auto mode and adjustment features ensure that the humidifier depends solely on the external; humidity factors of the indoor air. This is crucial to prevent too much humidity from being added to the room. The HoMedics Ultrasonic Humidifier is an ideal choice for both a cold climate and a warm climate.
The 1.47 gallons capacity of this small humidifier is adequate to cover an area of 426 square feet. The water tank in this plant humidifier is easy to be refilled with distilled water (cool mist humidifiers require distilled water for their tank). Functioning like steam humidifiers, any essential oil can be added to the unit.
The 3 adjustable mist options and optional night light are beneficial to create the mist and ambiance you desire. The Silent operation, supreme Clean Tank Technology, 70 hours run time, Auto Shut Off feature, demineralization cartridge, etc., are the other features that make this unit a popular choice among customers.
Are you interested in the HoMedics Ultrasonic Humidifier? Head over to Amazon.com to purchase this humidifier at an exciting offer price.
Pros and Cons of HoMedics Ultrasonic Humidifier:
- A simple and elegant plant humidifier that is equipped to cover an area of 426 square feet.
- One of the best humidifiers for plants that comes with an optional night light while maintaining the humidity levels.
- Comes with a 1.47 gallons water tank to add moisture to the indoor air for indoor plants.
- Trustworthy design among ultrasonic humidifiers with adjustable mist temperature in its cool mist options, to keep away high humidity.
The next unit on the list of the best ultrasonic humidifiers is the LEVOIT 3L Humidifier. This is a great unit to maintain the right measure of humidity level, without adding too much moisture for indoor plants is preferred among customers.
This LEVOIT humidifier has a 3L water tank to cover 290 square feet, running for 3 nights continuously. One of the best plant humidifiers makes it easy to fill in the distilled water that cool mist humidifiers require. The unit is built with a 2-in-1 diffuser and humidifier design.
Apart from being able to add essential oil, this unit also supports adjustable water vapor levels to keep away high humidity, a 360° mist nozzle, silent operation, and more. Do you want to bring home this simple and elegant humidifier? Visit Amazon.com to bring home this unit at the best price.
Pros and Cons of LEVOIT 3L Humidifier:
- Simple and highly efficient design among ultrasonic humidifiers to maintain the ideal healthy humidity level for indoor plants.
- One of the best humidifiers for plants with a top-fill water tank.
- Highly equipped design among plant humidifiers to fill in distilled or filtered water.
- Helps to maintain the right moisture levels with an adjustable water vapor knob.
Keeping up with the list of the best plant humidifiers, we have the Pure Enrichment 1.7L Mist Aire Ultrasonic Humidifier. This cool mist unit is designed to cover an area of 250 square feet for 25 hours continuously. Its 1.7L water tank is sufficient to add moisture to the space of 250 square feet and to run continually.
This Pure Enrichment humidifier for plants comes with a 360° mist nozzle for adjustable humidification. Keep your home, health, and indoor plants protected from the hazards of dry air with this plant humidifier. The silent operation makes it an ideal choice for any room.
Does the Pure Enrichment 1.7L Mist Aire Ultrasonic Humidifier meet your expectations from a humidifier for plants? Visit Amazon.com to purchase this unit at an interesting offer.
Pros and Cons of Pure Enrichment 1.7L Mist Aire Ultrasonic Humidifier:
- Simple but effective cool mist unit for plants.
- 1.7L water reservoir equipped to run for 25 hours after one refill.
- Adjustable cool air mist settings.
- Portable design.
The last unit on the last combines the benefits of both, the cool mist, and warm mist models. The ENPULY Warm and Cool Mist Humidifier is the best choice for homes that want the pros of cool and warm mist humidifiers. The special technology to combine the cool air and warm mist makes this unit function as a warm or cool mist unit to suit your requirement.
Leave behind the worries of adding moisture to a dry environment from summer through winter, this ENPULY unit is one of the best warm mist humidifiers and cool mist models. The 3L water reservoir can hold the distilled water requires to function as a cool mist or warm mist humidifier. This unit supports 3 levels of warm mist and cool mist, making this unit the best of the warm mist models you will find.
The other specifications that make this warm and cool mist unit the ideal choice for a room are; Quiet and Multiple Protection, Smart Auto Mode, Essential oil tray, night light, child lock, etc. Are you on the lookout for the best unit for your plants that can operate as a cool mist and warm mist humidifier? Visit Amazon.com to bring home ENPULY Warm and Cool Mist Humidifier at the best offer price.
ENPULY Warm and Cool Mist Humidifier:
- One among the highly recommended units that function as warm or cool mist plant humidifiers.
- Among the best warm mist humidifiers to add moisture to a dry environment with warm air.
- This cool and warm mist humidifier comes with adjustable cool air and warm air settings.
- Packed with several features specific to cool and warm mist humidifiers.
How to use humidifier for plants?
Using humidifiers for plants must be done cautiously. Signs of condensation in other parts of the room indicate high humidity. This can pave the way to bacterial and mold growth that is harmful to the plants, surroundings, and the respiratory health of the people in the house.
Make it a habit to run your humidifier 4 times a week or less. How often you must use the unit depends on the humidity levels in the room at the given time.
Where do you put a humidifier for a plant?
The plant humidifier can be placed in a central location or at a 6 feet distance from the plants. You cannot have it too close to the plants as this might increase the moisture content.
The LEVOIT 6L Ultrasonic Humidifier is the best plant humidifier on the market.
KONSIDEN 8L Cool Mist Humidifier is the next best model that can be relied upon for effortless humidification for your plants.
The Raydrop 6.5L Ultrasonic Humidifier model is a suitable choice for those looking for a budget-friendly humidifier.
Govee Smart Cool Mist Humidifier is the best smart humidifier
1. What indoor plants are best for humidifying the air?
Spider plant, Peace lily, Boston fern, English ivy, Lady palm, Jade plant, etc., are a few of the most popular humidifying house plants.
2. Will a plant humidifier cause mold?
Yes. A plant humidifier can cause mold when not used correctly. Placing the humidifier too close to the plant and using unmonitored mist levels can lead to high humidity and model growth.
3. Can misting plants replace watering?
Misting plants does not replace watering the plants. It certainly helps to keep dryness and evaporation at bay.
4. How long should you run a humidifier for plants?
A plant humidifier can be run for 3 to 5 hours for healthy humidification.
5. Is it best to water houseplants from the top or bottom?
It is best to combine both in the right measure. Bottom watering without drowning or flooding the soil is important. You must also practice top watering to flush out the minerals to reach the soil for better absorption by the root system.
5. Why do houseplants get brown tips?
Brown leaf tips are common in plants that lose a lot of water content (either naturally from transpiration or evaporation, or from dryness). When the water that is lost is not been replaced it can lead to brown tips in leaves.
5. Can you use tap water in humidifier for plants?
Tap water contains a lot of mineral deposits that cause clogging and form white dust mites. This is hazardous to health when inhaled and therefore it is not ideal to use tap water. Distilled water that has been purified to remove all traces of mineral content is the best choice.
With this, we reached the end of the article. We trust you were able to obtain a clear idea of the various benefits of using the best plant humidifier. Share with us your favorite humidifier for plants and how it has helped you to promote plant health.
About The Author
Olivia — a self-confessed air quality addict — is a home climate enthusiast, fresh air advocate, and someone with deep personal experience and knowledge about mold extermination. Her work was mentioned in countless notable humidity publications. Previously she was an editor at Mold Remediation.