Buy The Best Dehumidifier For Apartment – Keep your space healthy
Last updated on: February 1, 2023.
Want the best dehumidifier for your apartment? Read this before buying.
The spread of mold in an apartment is one of the major concerns for residents living in humid regions. Therefore, selecting the right dehumidifier is essential for maintaining a healthy indoor environment.
This detailed guide shows how an apartment dehumidifier works, what its advantages are, where to buy them, and factors to consider before buying a dehumidifier for an apartment.
Best Overall Dehumidifier For Apartment: homelabs 1500 sq ft dehumidifier
Most Powerful Apartment Dehumidifier: Kesnos 2500 Sq Ft Dehumidifier
Most Affordable Apartment Dehumidifier: Letsport Upgraded Dehumidifier
Best Energy Efficient Dehumidifier For Apartment: Vremi 22 pint Dehumidifier
Benefits of Owning Dehumidifier in Apartments
Owning the best dehumidifier for an apartment comes with its own list of advantages. Apart from being able to control the humidity level in a room, the way a dehumidifier works renders many benefits. Here are a few of them.
1. Prevent Mold
Mold is dangerous anywhere; be it in smaller spaces or larger spaces. You must prevent mold before it strikes and you must do everything in your power to remove them after it hit.
Basements are the common places mold strikes. When you remove excess moisture from the air, you are keeping your living space guarded against mold and mildew. A basement dehumidifier or a dehumidifier for the apartment will help you to prevent the growth of mold, remove mold spores, and ensure the moisture levels are unfavorable for their proliferation.
2. Remove odor
Moisture leads to the build-up of a musty odor. Dehumidifiers take in moist air, extract the moisture from it, dry it, and send it back. This process removes any unpleasant smell that revolves in the air. Although this is useful in any room, a small apartment will benefit from this because the steam and smells are hard to get rid of in smaller spaces.
3. Boost the air conditioner
Boost the performance of your air conditioner by using the best apartment dehumidifier! Did you know you can reduce air conditioner costs by using the right dehumidifying unit for your apartment?
When a dehumidifier works, it removes the excess water content from the air and removes the high humidity in the area. When this is taken care of, an air conditioner will just have to work on cooling the room, rather than worry about the humidity levels.
If there is excess moist air in the area, an air conditioner will first remove the moisture and then commence the cooling. Since this is already done, you can reduce the energy costs of running air conditioners and your HVAC unit.
4. Aids collective housing
You must be aware of the fact that humidity control does not stop with just taking care of your home. Investing in the right dehumidifier for the apartment will make sure your home is protected from the mold growth, musty odor, and moist air, that your neighbors might be battling with.
Poor ventilation in collective housing is the reason for fluctuations in these high humidity issues among homes. This is another reason to look into dehumidification.
5. Air quality
Excellent moisture control by the room dehumidifier will automatically improve indoor air quality. When the unit converts humid air into fresh and dry air, this air will be free from bacteria, dust mites, allergens, mold spores, and more. Removing excess moisture from the air itself will improve the air quality.
Moreover, it is essential that you control moisture and keep high humidity levels at bay, in order to protect the structure of the building as well.
Which is the best apartment dehumidifier according to us?
The hOmelabs 1,500 sq ft model is considered the best dehumidifier for apartments to achieve ideal humidity. We will look into its features further in this article.
Why should you trust us?
The list has been made after a thorough analysis of all the benefits and cons of the different kinds of apartment dehumidifiers we found on the market. Hence, you can trust us.
List Of 7 Best Apartment Dehumidifiers (February 2023)
|Our Top Pick||homelabs 1500 sq ft dehumidifier✦ Quickly Removes Moisture
✦ Energy Efficient
✦ Turbo Mode For Odor Removal
|Runner Up||Vremi 22 pint Dehumidifier✦ Removable Water Tank
✦ Continuous Drainage
✦ Shuts off automatically
|Kesnos 2500 Sq Ft Dehumidifier✦ Intelligent Humidity Control
✦ Portable Design
✦ 360° easy-roll hidden wheels
|Inofia 30 Pint Dehumidifier✦ Auto defrost
✦ User-friendly Drainage
✦ Smart dehumidifier
|Budget Pick||Letsport Upgraded Dehumidifier✦ 68 oz Water Tank
✦ Super Quiet Dehumidifier
✦ Lightweight and compact
|Waykar 2000 Sq Ft Dehumidifier✦ Intelligent Control
✦ Automatic Shut Off
✦ Unique Design
Pros And Cons Of hOmeLabs 1,500 square feet Dehumidifier:
1. Excellent dehumidification covering an area of 1,500 square feet.
2. Removes up to 22 to 33 pints of moisture per day from the environment.
3. Turbo mode for maximum moisture removal.
4. Portable and sleek design.
5. Durable built.
6. Manual water draining and continual drainage options are provided.
7. User-friendly design and easy to maintain.
Pros And Cons Of Vremi 22 pint Dehumidifier:
1. Dehumidifier runs efficiently to remove excess moisture from the air.
2. Carries out humidity control adequately covering an area of 1,500 square feet.
3. Includes features like Auto Defrost, and Auto Shutoff (to automatically turn off the unit when the tank is full).
4. Dehumidifier can absorb up to 22 pints per day, providing control over the humidity level.
5. Aims to give dry air free from dust mites and other allergens thereby improving air quality.
6. The extracted moisture while maintaining humidity levels is stored in its 0.8 gallons water tank.
Pros and Cons of Kesnos 2,500 square feet Dehumidifier:
1. Large moisture removal capacity.
2. Best dehumidifier unit for large areas.
3. User-friendly design, portability, Auto Defrost, Auto Shutoff, washable filter, are impressive features.
4. Ensures the area it is placed in is free from dust mites, allergens, and dampness.
5. One of the best dehumidifiers for those hoping for a quiet operation.
Pros and Cons of Inofia 30 Pint Dehumidifier:
1. Best apartment dehumidifier model for small spaces like a garage, bedroom, kitchen, basement, office, etc.
2. Silent operation is guaranteed.
3. Has manual drainage and continual drainage as options to remove the collected water from the bucket.
4. The product comes with a 6.56 ft long drainage hose.
5. Has convenient features like Intelligent Control over Humidity, Memory for Auto Restart, Automatic Shutoff when the tank is full, Auto Error Detection, 3 Min Compressor Delay, etc.
Pros and Cons of Letsport Upgraded 68oz Dehumidifier:
1. Seamless dehumidification.
2. An ideal choice for a small apartment.
3. Small but sturdy build.
4. Silent operation is guaranteed.
5. Energy efficiency and portability.
Pros and Cons of Yaufey 1,750 Sq F Dehumidifier:
1. Suitable choice for small to large areas.
2. Ensures silent operation of the unit.
3. Smart features of the dehumidifier include 24- hour timer, Automatic Shutoff, 2 methods of tank drainage, fan speeds, etc.
4. Dehumidification is done effortlessly covering an area of 1,750 sq ft., absorbing 32.7 pints of water, under 95°F, 90%RH condition.
Pros and Cons of Waykar 2,000 sq ft Dehumidifier:
1. Excellent dehumidification for large areas.
2. User-friendly design.
3. Portable model.
4. Essential advanced features.
5. 30-days money-back guarantee.
Things you must know before buying a dehumidifier for your apartment
The following are some factors to remember before picking up a dehumidifier for an apartment.
1. Dehumidifier Size
Getting the best dehumidifiers for apartments isn’t just enough. It is essential to purchasing the right capacity. If you have a small apartment, it is good to purchase a dehumidifier for apartment that has a small moisture absorption capacity.
If you own a large apartment, a small dehumidifier is not going to get the job done. Purchasing the right unit with adequate capacity is crucial. While a small apartment will tend to get over dry with a large level of absorption, a large space will continue being damp with a small unit.
2. Built In Pump
There are plentiful dehumidifier models available that come with a built-in pump. The advantage to having a built-in pump and sump pump is to simply plug in the unit and forget about the dehumidification process.
A sump pump or built-in pump are good options for those who cannot monitor the water reservoir at all times or are unavailable to empty the tank when required.
3. User friendly
A simple control panel is easy to use and serves its purpose.
4. Drainage options
A built-in pump or draining via a hose are the best options that can prevent overflows and save the trouble of manual emptying.
Where should you place dehumidifier in apartment to get maximum efficiency?
The dehumidifier must always be placed closest to the source of moisture for maximum efficiency.
Remember to keep the dehumidifier away from furniture, walls, and curtains. Anything that obstructs the path of air circulation will affect dehumidification.
How to tackle mold in apartment [Try these 4 Simple Methods]
1. Ventilate your apartment to the best extent and make use of it!
2. Avoid drying laundry indoors.
3. Fix all leaks and mend cracks on doors and windows.
4. Invest in a good dehumidifier for your apartment.
The model we prefer as the best dehumidifier for apartment is:
Here is a run through its features again.
➩ Excellent dehumidification covering an area of 1,500 square feet.
➩ Removes up to 22 to 33 pints of moisture per day from the environment.
➩ Turbo mode for maximum moisture removal.
➩ Portable and sleek design.
➩ Durable built.
➩ Manual water draining and continual drainage options are provided.
➩ User-friendly design and easy to maintain.
➩ Seamless dehumidification.
➩ An ideal choice for a small apartment.
➩ Small but sturdy build.
➩ Silent operation is guaranteed.
➩ Energy efficiency and portability.
1. What is the ideal setting for humidity?
The ideal setting for humidity is between 30 to 50 %.
However, during summers, 40 to 50 % is found to be a more comfortable range.
2. Do you need both a dehumidifier and an air purifier?
Each device has its own advantages. A dehumidifier is recommended not just to purify the air, but to also keep the place free from dampness and moisture.
An air purifier on the other hand promises to give you clean and fresh air to breathe in.
3. Which is a decent dehumidifier for a damp apartment?
The Letsport Upgraded 68 oz Dehumidifier is a good performance model, which is also in a range within most peoples’ budgets.
Other popular models are from Seavon dehumidifier, Hysure dehumidifier, and Pro Breeze dehumidifier.
4. How to install a portable dehumidifier the right way?
As the first step, make sure you have selected the correct location for powerful dehumidification. Fix the device, check if involving the HVAC unit will be helpful, set the ambient humidity, and keep an eye for when maintenance is required.
We hope this article made the hunt for the best dehumidifier for apartments easier. Invest time and effort to find the right pint dehumidifier and enjoy a comfortable environment. Let us know which model you prefer for your apartment and why.
About The Author
Olivia — a self-confessed air quality addict — is a home climate enthusiast, fresh air advocate, and someone with deep personal experience and knowledge about mold extermination. Her work was mentioned in countless notable humidity publications. Previously she was an editor at Mold Remediation.