The Ultimate Guide For Buying The Best Energy Efficient Dehumidifier
Last updated on: March 1, 2023.
- The Ultimate Guide For Buying The Best Energy Efficient Dehumidifier
- Do dehumidifiers increase electric bill?
- Which is the best energy-efficient dehumidifiers according to us?
- Best energy efficient 50 Pint [Upto 4500 Sq Ft] dehumidifiers for your home – Our Top Picks (March, 2023)
- 1. Midea Cube 50 Pint Dehumidifier-Power Consumption – 425W
- 2. BLACK+DECKER 4500 Sq. Ft. Dehumidifier- Power Consumption – 540W
- 3. Vremi 50 Pint Dehumidifier- Power Consumption – 570W
- 4. TOSOT 50 Pint 4,500 sq ft Dehumidifier- Power Consumption – 710W
- Best energy efficient 30 Pint [Upto 1500 Sq Ft] dehumidifiers for your home – Our Top Picks (March, 2023)
- 1. Inofia 30 Pint Dehumidifier-Power Consumption – 200W
- 6. Midea Energy Star Dehumidifier- Power Consumption – 250W
- 7. Shinco 30 Pint Energy Star Dehumidifer- Power Consumption – 260W
- 8. Yaufey Dehumidifier Power Consumption – 260W
- Best energy efficient heavy duty dehumidifiers – Our Top Picks (March, 2023)
- 9. Santa Fe Advance90 – Power Consumption – 640W
- 10. COLZER 232 PPD Commerical Dehumidifier- Power Consumption – 1400W
- Power Consumption (Energy Star Rated Vs. Non-Energy Star Rated)
- What to look for in an energy-efficient dehumidifier?
- FAQ Section
- Final Words:
High humidity levels in a home or any space are a cause of concern. Homeowners put in many hours of planning to maintain the desired humidity level successfully. When the relative humidity level of the home is not maintained, and excess moisture from the air is left unattended; your home is in trouble! We are grateful for dehumidifiers that make maintaining a room’s humidity level possible.
To control humidity and remove excess moisture from the air is one thing, and the worry over the energy costs and the energy consumption is another- here again, we have energy-efficient dehumidifiers that make maintaining your desired humidity level minimal energy consumption possible.
In this article, we will help you find the best energy-efficient dehumidifier for your home. Let’s get started!
Do dehumidifiers increase electric bill?
Dehumidifier energy consumption will definitely make an impact on your utility bills. Based on the dehumidifier type and size, the dehumidifier energy requirement is going to vary. If the area to be covered is large and you have a powerful dehumidifier for the process, the energy usage will be more. Portable dehumidifiers and energy-efficient dehumidifiers will use less electricity in comparison to large dehumidifiers.
If consuming more energy and high electricity costs is a cause of major concern in your household, you must look into the best energy-efficient dehumidifiers. Although the dehumidifier use and humidity level of the space affects the energy consumption and the resulting electricity costs, even a large energy-efficient dehumidifier will ensure you save on electricity bills.
Which is the best energy-efficient dehumidifiers according to us?
The list of the most energy-efficient dehumidifiers that we have here has been finalized after a meticulous analysis of the features and functioning of each of the models. Among the models we have here, the unit that stands out as the ideal design for both large and small areas is the Midea Cube 50 Pint Dehumidifier. This is indeed the best energy-efficient dehumidifier unit that can deliver both performance and energy efficiency.
Best energy efficient 50 Pint [Upto 4500 Sq Ft] dehumidifiers for your home – Our Top Picks (March, 2023)
|Our Top Pick||Midea Cube 50 Pint Dehumidifier ✦ Cost-efficient dehumidifying
✦ Wi-Fi Connectivity
✦ Up to 3X larger water tank
|Runner Up||BLACK+DECKER 4500 Sq. Ft. Dehumidifier for Extra Large Spaces and Basements✦ Washable mesh filter
✦ Adjustable humidistat
✦ Environmentally friendly R4110a refrigerant
|Vremi 50 Pint 4,500 Sq. Ft. Dehumidifier Energy Star✦ Effectively reduces humidity
✦ Memory Feature
|TOSOT 50 Pint 4,500 Sq Ft Dehumidifier Energy Star✦ Real Time Monitoring
✦ Silent Operation
✦ Saves you money
1. Midea Cube 50 Pint Dehumidifier-Power Consumption – 425W
First, on the list of the best energy-efficient dehumidifier, we have the Midea Cube dehumidifier. The energy usage of this unit is 425W. It is one of the best energy-efficient models available in the market that also ensures that your home is free from excess moisture.
The Midea Cube unit can maintain your desired humidity level while absorbing 50 pints of moisture from the air. It can cover an area of 4,500 sq ft and is a perfect choice for any living space, crawl space, basement, etc. It comes with many advanced features that make it one of the best energy star-certified dehumidifiers. However, unlike most energy-efficient dehumidifiers, this model has a special addition to its list. It is one of the first energy-efficient models that can extend. This extendable unit can work in nested form as well when space is limited.
The best dehumidifier for energy efficiency comes without a removable water tank. Mess-free removal of the absorbed water can be emptied over a sink or using the drain hose that comes with the unit. It is indeed one of the best energy-efficient dehumidifiers that can function 3x longer than most dehumidifiers.
Does this energy-efficient dehumidifier mark off your expectations to maintain the ideal humidity level of your home? Visit Amazon.com right away to avail this unit at the best price.
Pros and Cons of Midea Cube dehumidifier:
- One of the best dehumidifiers suitable for large room sizes.
- Can cover an area of 4,500 sq ft effectively.
- Powerful dehumidifier to maintain the ideal humidity level.
- More power operation unit.
- An ideal choice for portable dehumidifiers.
- Energy-star certified unit that is conscious of energy factor used.
- Impressive tank capacity.
2. BLACK+DECKER 4500 Sq. Ft. Dehumidifier- Power Consumption – 540W
Next on the list as the best energy efficient dehumidifier available in the market, we have BLACK+DECKER 4500 Sq. Ft. Dehumidifier. Like most energy-efficient dehumidifiers, this powerful dehumidifier comes with the ability to handle high humidity levels in the environment, keep dust mites away, and still function with energy efficiency.
The unit designed in this energy-efficient dehumidifier can absorb 50 pints of moisture from the air. This good dehumidifier is the best choice for areas with more moisture and its troubles. The water tank capacity of this best dehumidifier for energy efficiency is 14.3 pint. The water bucket can be removed to empty it. You can use the continuous drain option with the drain hose, or empty the water tank manually.
Other features that make this one of the best energy-efficient dehumidifiers are the LED indicator light and ability to automatically shut off, standby mode, auto restart, energy star certified design, washable air filter, built-in pump, two fan speeds, frost sensor, caster wheels for portability, and more.
Do these features meet your expectations from a dehumidifier to maintain humidity levels with more energy-saving capacity? If yes, hurry now to Amazon.com to purchase this best 4,500 sq ft energy-efficient dehumidifier.
Pros and Cons of BLACK+DECKER 4,500 sq. ft. Dehumidifier:
- High power energy efficiency unit for relative humidity maintenance.
- One of the best portable dehumidifiers with an energy star-certified design.
- Increased energy factor and ability to remove as much moisture as possible from an area of 4,500 sq ft. Perfect choice for large living rooms, offices, basements, crawl spaces, etc.
- Features that make this energy star-certified dehumidifier one of the most preferred units are; automatic shutoff, washable air filters, indicator light, low-temperature operation, energy star rating, large tank capacity, etc.
3. Vremi 50 Pint Dehumidifier- Power Consumption – 570W
Maintain the desired humidity level for your home or office effortlessly with the Vremi 50 pint dehumidifier. With an average wattage power consumption of 570 W, this energy star-certified dehumidifier is one of the preferred models for moisture absorption.
Handling the high humidity of any large space can be done seamlessly with the unit in this model. It can cover an area of up to 4,500 sq ft. The water tank capacity of this energy-efficient dehumidifier is sufficient to hold 50 pints of moisture extracted from the air.
Removing the collected water is an easy mess-free task like most dehumidifiers with high power capacity. You can opt for manual drainage or continuous drainage using a hose that can drain automatically.
LED indicator light, frost sensor, auto restart, turbo mode with two fan speeds to adjust the settings based on the humidity levels in the area, caster wheels for portability, etc., are the other features that make this unit one of the best energy-efficient dehumidifiers you can purchase.
If you are on the lookout for a good dehumidifier that has high energy factor consciousness and an energy star rating, you must consider the Vremi 50 pint dehumidifier energy efficiency. Do the features contained in the Vremi model mark off your checklist of expectations from an energy-efficient dehumidifier? If yes, visit Amazon.com right now to purchase the Vremi 4,500 sq ft energy star certified dehumidifier at the best price.
Pros and Cons of Vremi Dehumidifier:
- One of the best energy-efficient dehumidifiers with advanced energy efficiency design.
- Can convert damp air into moisture-free dry air effortlessly.
- High power unit designed to cover an area of up to 4,500 square feet.
- Has multiple features; washable air filters, large water tank capacity, continuous drainage, and manual drainage, auto shut off and restart, caster wheels, etc.
4. TOSOT 50 Pint 4,500 sq ft Dehumidifier- Power Consumption – 710W
Is your home battling against high humidity levels and their side effects? It is time you invested in one of the best dehumidifiers for humidity control. The TOSOT 50 Pint Dehumidifier is next in line as the best energy-efficient dehumidifier that can remove as much moisture from the atmosphere with high energy efficiency.
The unit is designed to work efficiently in a high humid environment, consequently improving the efficiency of your air conditioner as well. The tank capacity of this 50 pint dehumidifier is large enough to hold the moisture extracted from the large space. The water bucket has both manual drainage and continuous drain option.
Like most dehumidifiers that come without a compressor, this energy-efficient dehumidifier also guarantees silent operation. The whisper-quiet design of this most energy-efficient dehumidifier on the market makes this unit an ideal pick for not just living rooms, but also for bedrooms and offices to get undisturbed sleep.
Are you concerned about how much energy your dehumidifier consumes on a daily basis? Leave behind all worries about the energy factor going forward. The energy usage of this unit is an average wattage of 710 W. However, being an energy star certified unit, this energy-efficient dehumidifier operates using fewer electricity costs by 30%.
Visit Amazon.com now to learn more about the interesting features that come packed into this energy-efficient dehumidifier and to purchase this model at the best offer price.
Pros and Cons of TOSOT 50 Pint Dehumidifier:
- Helps to maintain the relative humidity level of the area with ease.
- The sturdy design for a large capacity unit makes it one of the best portable dehumidifiers with more power capacity.
- Convenient features like water bucket can drain automatically or be emptied manually, adjustable fan speed, suitable unit for large space with more moisture with its 50 pint capacity, caster wheels, etc.
- Energy-star certified unit with guaranteed high energy efficiency operation.
Best energy efficient 30 Pint [Upto 1500 Sq Ft] dehumidifiers for your home – Our Top Picks (March, 2023)
|Our Top Pick||Inofia 30 Pint 1500 SQ FT Home Dehumidifiers✦ Highly Rated By People
✦ User-friendly Drainage
✦ Upgraded Removal Ability
|Runner Up||Midea 1,500 Sq. Ft. Energy Star Certified Dehumidifier✦ Energy Star certified
✦ Ultra Quiet
✦ Auto Comfort
|Shinco 30 Pint 1,500 Sq Ft Dehumidifier Energy Star✦ Two Modes
✦ User Friendly Display
✦ Washable Air Filter
|Yaufey 1750 Sq. Ft Dehumidifiers for Home✦ Intelligent control panel
✦ 24-hour timer
✦ Convenient built-in wheels and handles
1. Inofia 30 Pint Dehumidifier-Power Consumption – 200W
Next on the list as the most energy-efficient dehumidifiers available to maintain the desired humidity level in your home is the Inofia Dehumidifier. The dehumidifier energy consumption from this unit is 200 W, and it can absorb 30 pints of moisture from the environment.
This model comes under smaller capacity units. It can effectively cover a room size of 1,500 sq ft. This size can be ideal for a small home to medium to large-sized room. It is one of the most energy-efficient dehumidifiers you can find among the list of best portable dehumidifiers.
The water tank capacity of the Inofia energy-efficient dehumidifiers is 0.5 gallons. The water bucket comes with continuous drainage and a manual drainage option. If consuming more electricity and more energy is a major cause of concern in your home, but you are desperate for the most energy-efficient dehumidifier to control humidity in your living space, you must look into this unit.
Other features that make this energy-efficient dehumidifier one of the best choices you can find to remove more moisture from the air are; auto shut off and restart, LED indicator light, frost sensor, energy star rating to consume less electricity, silent operation, and low-temperature operation.
Save your home from excess humidity with conscious energy usage and cut down on energy costs with the energy star certified Inofia 30 Pint Dehumidifier. Visit Amazon.com now to purchase this energy-efficient dehumidifier at the best price.
Pros and Cons of Inofia Dehumidifier:
- Helps to control high humidity levels effectively.
- Sufficient tank capacity to hold the extracted moisture.
- High energy factor consciousness, designed to use less electricity and cut down on electricity costs.
- Comes with an energy star rating.
- Other advantageous features include; defrost sensor, LED indicator, auto shut off and restart, whisper-quiet operation, portable wheels, sturdy build of the unit to maintain the room’s humidity levels.
6. Midea Energy Star Dehumidifier- Power Consumption – 250W
The next dehumidifier type we have here as the most energy-efficient dehumidifier in the market is the Midea Energy Star Dehumidifier. This best dehumidifier energy consumption is an ideal example as the energy factor to look for in dehumidifier use. With 250 W as energy usage, this energy star-certified dehumidifier can take away your concerns on maintaining the relative humidity of your home.
Apart from being one of the most energy-efficient dehumidifiers, the Midea unit can effectively remove up to 30 pints of moisture from the air. The water bucket has both continuous drainage and manual drainage facilities.
The other features that make this Midea unit one of the most energy-efficient dehumidifiers available in the market are; the sturdy build, effectiveness in maintaining a healthy relative humidity range, auto shut off and restart, washable air filter, energy star certified design, ability to work generating minimal noise without consuming more energy or more electricity, caster wheels for portability, etc.
Are energy efficiency, energy factor, low energy usage on your priority list? You must check Amazon.com for more details on the specifications of the Midea Dehumidifier for your home. Hurry now to avail of exciting offers.
Pros and Cons of Midea 30 Pint Energy Star Dehumidifier:
- Highly efficient design with guaranteed energy efficiency.
- High power operation to extract as much moisture as possible from the room.
- One of the best designs for smaller capacity units and portable dehumidifiers.
- Perfect size for a medium to large room size with a 1,500 sq ft area.
7. Shinco 30 Pint Energy Star Dehumidifer- Power Consumption – 260W
Next, we have Shinco Energy Star Dehumidifier, one of the best portable dehumidifiers for relative humidity maintenance. With the excellent energy factor and energy efficiency design of this unit, make sure your home requires less electricity to control its humidity.
The tank capacity of this dehumidifier is 4 L, and the unit can cover an area of 1,500 sq ft with ease. Emptying the water collected in the water tank can be done with manual draining or gravity drain method. The capacity of this unit is perfect for small homes, basements, or medium to large sized bedrooms, living rooms, etc.
Apart from being rated as one of the best energy-efficient dehumidifiers available in the market, there are more positives to this model. LED indicator light to prevent an overflowing tank, automatic shut off and restart, caster wheels for portability, washable air filter system, compressor free silent operation that assures undisturbed sleep and workspace area, 24- hour sleep timer, user-friendly control panel, and more.
Do these dehumidifier energy factor and features meet your expectations as one of the best energy-efficient dehumidifiers? If yes, visit Amazon.com now to purchase this unit at the best available price.
Pros ad Cons of Shinco Energy Star Certified Dehumidifier:
- Perfect design for the small to the medium-sized area.
- Water tank capacity is adequate to hold the 30 pints of moisture absorbed per day.
- Has several workable features lie excellent energy actor and energy efficiency, impressive humidity range control, moisture removal, silent operation, sturdy and durable build, etc.
8. Yaufey Dehumidifier Power Consumption – 260W
Yaufey Dehumidifiers for home- is next in line as one of the most energy-efficient dehumidifiers. Get excellent moisture removal from the air and environment around you and maintain the humidity of the area seamlessly with the Yaufey dehumidifier.
The unit and model we have here are designed to effectively absorb excess moisture content from an area of 1,750 sq ft. This size is convenient for any medium to large-sized room, crawl space, basement, office, etc. The sturdy build and portable wheels that come in the unit make it easy to be moved to any room in need of dehumidification and moisture control. Keeping away excess moisture, mold growth, and allergens from your home can be taken care of with this unit.
The high energy factor and energy efficiency of the Yaufey dehumidifier make it an ideal choice for those looking into conserving dehumidifier energy. The other features that make this one of the most energy-efficient dehumidifiers one can invest in include; seamless relative humidity maintenance, caster wheels, and simple design making it one of the best portable dehumidifiers, standby mode, automatic restart and shut off, LED indicator, 24-hour cycle timer, high capacity unit to work on even high humidity zones for a 1,750 sq ft area.
Does this Yaufey dehumidifier unit have the specifications that will suit your requirements for relative humidity maintenance and moisture absorption? Visit Amazon.com right now to buy this model at the best offer price.
Pros and Cons of Yaufey Dehumidifier:
- Energy-star certified model.
- Perfect design for high humidity areas.
- Convenient size and user-friendly features.
Best energy efficient heavy duty dehumidifiers – Our Top Picks (March, 2023)
|Our Top Pick||Santa Fe Advance90 Dehumidifier✦ MERV 13 Filter
✦ Low-Temperature Operation
✦ Removes more moisture per kilowatt
|Runner Up||COLZER 232 PPD Commercial Dehumidifier✦ Water damage restoration
✦ Automatic humidistat
✦ Auto Error Detection
9. Santa Fe Advance90 – Power Consumption – 640W
Designed specifically to work in tough environments, we have the Sant Fe Advance90 dehumidifier unit. Being one of the most energy-efficient dehumidifiers available, this unit is a heavy-duty model that can cover an area of up to 2,600 sq ft and can remove 90 pints of water per day from the air.
Reliable design, durability, low-temperature function, powerful unit to work seamlessly even in high humidity areas, MERV 13 filter to trap microscopic allergens, independent fan control, etc., are a few of the many features that make Sant Fe Advance90 one of the preferred models for heavy-duty operation.
Pros and Cons of Santa Fe Advance90:
- Smart features for a heavy-duty dehumidifier.
- Comes with a humidistat, drain hose, superior energy efficiency, and more.
10. COLZER 232 PPD Commerical Dehumidifier- Power Consumption – 1400W
The last unit on the list as the best energy efficient dehumidifier we have COLZER 232 PPD Dehumidifier. This industrial or commercial dehumidifier is the ideal choice for energy efficiency combined with high power moisture elimination from large areas. This best energy-efficient dehumidifier is designed with a powerful unit to cover an area of up to 8,000 sq ft.
The large area coverage of this unit is perfect for areas like warehouses, commercial buildings, spaces in need of damage restoration and flood damage control, etc. With a capacity to extract up to 29 gallons of water from the area, this unit also comes with high energy efficiency.
Other features that make COLZER 232 PPD one of the most energy-efficient dehumidifiers are; a 24-hour timer, mess-free water removal, auto defrost and automatic humidistat, etc.
Pros and Cons of COLZER 232 PPD Dehumidifier:
- High power moisture extraction from the surrounding.
- Seamless relative humidity maintenance.
- User-friendly features like portable design, energy factor, and energy efficiency, continuous drainage option, 24-hour timer, etc.
Power Consumption (Energy Star Rated Vs. Non-Energy Star Rated)
The energy consumption in an Energy Star certified dehumidifier is significantly lesser. Dehumidifiers that have an energy star rating in them use 15 % less electricity than dehumidifiers that do not have an energy star rating.
The energy factor, energy consumption, and dehumidifier energy efficiency are all improved in models with an energy star. Moreover, getting dehumidifiers with an energy star, a built-in pump, and replaced air filters are also good for the environment.
What to look for in an energy-efficient dehumidifier?
Even in the most energy-efficient dehumidifiers, it is recommended that you look for these features that will make maintaining the relative humidity of the area seamless.
a) Dehumidifier size: Make sure that the dehumidifier size that you purchase is of the right size. How much moisture the unit is able to absorb and hold in its water tank is one of the first features you must check.
The moisture removal capacity of the unit must be sufficient for the room. It cannot be too much or too less.
b) Air filters: Removable and reusable air filters will assure that your unit does clean work at maintaining the air quality. Dust mites, mold spores, and other allergens that are trapped in the air filter must be cleaned as often as essential.
c) Other features: LED indicator light, built-in pump, drain hose port for continuous drainage, standby mode, auto restart and shut off, defrost sensor, etc., are features that make it easier to use the unit.
High humidity cannot be tackled by looking at energy efficiency alone, the dehumidifier purchased must have a wholesome list of features that suit your requirement.
Additional Tips: Following simple rules like closing the basement window, sealing cracks and leaks in the roof and walls, combining the use of an air conditioner, etc., are other methods that improve the effectiveness and energy efficiency of the dehumidifier.
1. Are new dehumidifiers more energy efficient?
Yes. In most scenarios, it can be observed that new dehumidifiers are more energy efficient. As the dehumidifier use increases, there might be more pressure exerted on the unit.
Just like an air conditioner, when the air filters and other parts are under high-pressure areas, the functionality of the device might deteriorate. Likewise, when the relative humidity range and temperature of the room are consistently high, the ability of the unit to convert damp air into moisture-free air will take place with more usage. Subsequently, how much moisture is extracted and how much electricity is used by the unit will become directly proportionate.
Avoiding this is possible by investing in the right units with high energy efficienc
2. Are desiccant dehumidifiers more energy-efficient?
Desiccant dehumidifiers are expensive in comparison to regular electric dehumidifiers. Operating a desiccant dehumidifier in combination with a refrigeration device like an air conditioner will ensure that the dehumidifier’s energy efficiency is enhanced.
3. How many watts does a 22 pint dehumidifier use?
A 22 pint dehumidifier energy usage is 420 watts.
4. How much electricity does a crawl space dehumidifier use?
How much electricity will a dehumidifier use in a crawl space area will depend on the levels of humidity, the time span the unit is run for, and how much moisture is removed from the area.
On average, 4.2 cents of power per hour is used by a dehumidifier.
5. What uses the most electricity in a home?
If you were to make a list to learn how much electricity each device in your home consumes, you will be surprised to know that the heating and cooling devices consume the most amount of electricity. Water heater, room heater, dishwasher, refrigerator, air conditioner, HVAC, etc., are the devices that have more energy usage.
How much electricity each of these appliances consumes will be relative to the energy efficiency and the amount of time these devices operate.
6. At what temperature are dehumidifiers most efficient?
It has been observed that even the most energy-efficient dehumidifier model is most effective when it operates at a temperature above 60 degrees F.
That is an end to the list of the most energy-efficient dehumidifier units available in the market. Although each of the models mentioned here has a well-built design and features for moisture extraction and excellent humidity control, you can carry out your personal research from the above models to identify the individual specifications that will suit your home.
Share with us in the feedback form below the features that you recommend the most and the models that work for humidity control in your home.
About The Author
Olivia — a self-confessed air quality addict — is a home climate enthusiast, fresh air advocate, and someone with deep personal experience and knowledge about mold extermination. Her work was mentioned in countless notable humidity publications. Previously she was an editor at Mold Remediation.