How To Choose The Best Humidifier For Your Nursery
Last updated on: March 1, 2023.
Finding the ideal humidifier for the home can be challenging. The many options that are readily available in the market can make this hunt even more difficult to comprehend. Cool mist and warm mist humidifiers are the common types. There are many variations available in the warm mist humidifier and cool mist unit.
The decision to find the best humidifier for the baby’s room is a greater difficulty. The unit must be perfect, equipped with not just the best-advanced features with the latest technology, but with also all of the safety features. Baby humidifiers must be safe and easy to handle with a baby on the premises.
In this article, we will discuss in brief the features of the Best Baby Humidifiers 2023. Let us take a look at the features of each of them and what you can expect from them. Let us get started.
Can we use humidifiers for newborns & infants?
Yes. You can use humidifiers for babies and infants. You discuss with your child’s pediatrician before you take any measures or add any device to their room that will influence their health. Although pediatricians agree on the importance to have a humidifier in the baby’s nursery in order to create the perfect comfortable ambiance, that has a balanced healthy relative humidity level, it is crucial to get the final ‘Go’ from the doctor personally.
Certain models, like warm mist humidifiers, are unsafe around children. Boiling hot water is a burn risk and must be strictly avoided. Adding an essential oil can also be triggering in some children. You must be fully aware of your child’s individual needs before you invest in baby humidifiers for their nursery.
Which is the best humidifier for newborn congestion?
The Fridababy 3-in-1 Humidifier and Diffuser is a great choice to relieve and prevent baby congestion. This unit allows you to effectively handle how much moisture is added to the dry environment around you. With the dryness from the air being removed, you can be assured that the baby’s breathing and congestion will be improved.
How to choose the right nursery humidifier [Top 6 Significant features]
Choosing the right baby humidifier starts with fully understanding these top 6 significant features that cannot be compromised. You have to play by the rules to arrive at the right humidifier for your baby’s nursery.
1. Cool mist humidifiers
As aforementioned, warm mist humidifiers are definitely a burn risk with the hot water in their water reservoir. Some adults might find comfort in the warm mist humidifier but this is not safe around children. Adding tap water in a warm mist humidifier either accidentally or intentionally can lead to the build-up of mineral content. Tap water, filtered water, or bottled water; none of these are as our distilled water which is ideal to be used in humidifiers.
2. Adjustable mist settings
The best baby humidifiers that we have on the list here have slightly more advanced features than other humidifiers. You will notice that they have a feature to adjust the 360-degree mist nozzle. This adjustable setting or even speed settings are helpful to take control over the humidifying process of the room.
You must carefully calculate the capacity of the humidifier tank with the size of the baby’s nursery. Getting a water reservoir to suit the size of the room and with a longer run time will be beneficial.
Remember, you cannot risk mold growth, especially in a baby humidifier. In order to have consistent and easy cleaning, you must have a unit that permits it. Ensure the model that you purchase is portable and easy to clean.
5. Night light
The models that you will find here on the list will have a night light feature that might not be the case in other humidifiers available in the market. A simple calming light spectrum that you can choose from will create a calm ambiance for the baby.
6. Automatic shutdown
This is a safety feature to turn off the machine when the tank is dry or the tank is removed. It not just protects the machine from damage but also ensures safety.
Comparing Best Nursery Humidifiers 2023
|Our Top Pick||Frida Baby Humidifier with Diffuser✦ 3-in-1 Humidifier
✦ BPA free
✦ Add Breath Frida Vapor Drops
|Runner Up||Pure Enrichment® PureBaby® Cloud Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier✦ Large 1.8L tank
✦ 8 rainbow-spectrum colors
✦ 5-Year Warranty
|Crane Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier✦ Multi-purpose Humidifier
✦ 360 Degree Mist Lid
✦ Bottom tray to place optional vapor pads
|LEVOIT Humidifiers for Bedroom✦ 25 Hour Runtime
✦ Ultra-Quiet Operation
✦ Comes with Cleaning Brush
|AquaOasis™ Cool Mist Humidifier✦ Auto-shut-off feature
✦ Precise Mist Adjustment
✦ No Filter Needed
|Livatro Kids BPA FREE Humidifier with Diffuser✦ Cute dinosaur-design humidifier
✦ BPA-free material
✦ Customisable Humidifier
|Safety 1st Filter Free Cool Mist Humidifier✦ Easy-to-carry handle
✦ Rotating mist cap
✦ Large tank with flat top
1. Fridababy 3-in-1 Humidifier and Diffuser
The first product that we have on the list as one of the best humidifiers for a baby’s nursery is the Fridababy 3-in-1 Humidifier and Diffuser. This ultrasonic cool mist humidifier has advanced features that make it simple and effortless to add moisture and raise the humidity levels in the baby’s room.
The Fridababy 3-in-1 Humidifier and Diffuser makes use of ultrasonic vibrations to convert the distilled water in the water tank into a hydrating cool mist. This best humidifier for a baby’s room also comes with a knob to adjust the mist output. Taking control of the mist level makes it easy to set the humidity level to suit the room as required. The 0.5 gallons capacity of the water tank is sufficient to cover an entire room of 320 sq ft. Being BPA-free, you can be assured of the safety that comes along with using this ultrasonic cool mist humidifier.
More than being a cool mist ultrasonic humidifier, the Fridababy unit has a diffuser compartment to add essential oils and vapor drops of one’s choice. Using this cool mist ultrasonic humidifier nightly is ideal to get a relaxed and peaceful sleep. However, check with a pediatrician if it is safe to use vapor drops and essential oils even if you were using the best humidifiers for babies. Doctors suggest staying away from adding essential oils to baby humidifiers as it might even suffocate a sleeping baby.
The special night light options in this cool mist ultrasonic humidifier are perfect to create a calm ambiance for the sleeping baby. You can select the night light color of your choice from the range of options. The unit also features Auto Shutoff. With this, the humidifier will automatically shut off when the tank is dry or the tank has been removed.
The hydrating fine mist coming from the Fridababy 3-in-1 Humidifier and Diffuser can assure to replace dry air with moist air, and other side effects of low humidity levels like dry skin, stuffy nose, cold symptoms, and baby congestion, itchy skin, mold growth, etc. Are you interested in bringing home the best humidifier for your baby? Visit Amazon.com to purchase the Fridababy all-in-one humidifier, diffuser, and night light, one of the best humidifiers for babies at an exciting offer price.
Pros and Cons of Fridababy 3-in-1 Humidifier and Diffuser:
- One of the best humidifiers that are compact in size, yet efficient in function for small rooms.
- One of the popular units where the humidifiers work as an all-in-one humidifier, aroma diffuser, and night light.
- Being both a humidifier and aroma diffuser makes it a good option to have in any room.
- A smart humidifier to maintain the humidity levels by adjusting the fine mist level.
- Fridababy humidifiers work to keep the air moist by adding moisture in the required measures for up to 12 hours.
- The night light is calming and has options to choose your favorite color, unlike most humidifiers.
- The automatic shut-off options keep spills away and the humidification process safe.
- Whisper quiet operation makes this the best humidifier for babies.
- One of the best humidifiers for babies due to the BPA-free water tank.
2. Pure Enrichment MistAire Cloud Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier
The next humidifier on the list is the Pure Enrichment MistAire Cloud Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier. It has been rated as one of the best humidifiers for babies due to its sturdy build and excellent performance. The 0.48 gallons water tank that efficiently covers an area of 250 sq ft for 24 hours is perfect to add moist air to the dry environment. It is one of the most preferred baby humidifiers to avoid dry air, dry skin, itchy skin, stuffy nose, mold growth, baby congestion, etc.
Like the other humidifiers designed for baby nurseries, this modern humidifier also comes with an adjustable nob to select the cool mist output. By selecting the fine mist level you can have control over the humidity level in the room must be maintained. This small and compact ultrasonic cool mist humidifier is effortless to clean. Easy cleaning using a small bottle brush will keep the MistAire ultrasonic cool mist humidifier protected without having to risk mold growth.
The whisper-quiet operation from the unit makes it the perfect choice for adding moisture to small rooms, especially for the baby’s nursery without disturbing the child. Another feature why you must use this humidifier nightly is its soft glow night light. By rotating through the 8 rainbow spectrum colors, you can Color Choice Technology and select your favorite color for the baby’s nursery. The unique cloud design is yet another bonus for parents looking for the perfect decor for their baby’s room.
Do the features listed in the Pure Enrichment MistAire Cloud Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier meet your expectations of the best humidifier for a baby’s room? If yes, visit Amazon.com to bring home the MistAire Cloud Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier at the best offer price.
Pros and Cons of Pure Enrichment MistAire Cloud Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier:
- One of the best humidifiers for babies that is available in the market is capable of delivering seamless performance.
- 0.48 gallons capacity of the water tank is perfect for small spaces like a child’s room.
- This smart humidifier sports an adjustable mist output which makes it easy to control how much moisture must be added to the child’s room.
- The Color Choice Technology gives the option to select the night light with a soft glow to aid in peaceful undisturbed sleep.
3. Crane Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier
The baby humidifier that we have next on the list is the Crane Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier. Take charge of adding moisture to a low-humidity environment with this ultrasonic cool mist humidifier. The 1-gallon water tank capacity is sufficient to carry out undisturbed humidification for up to 24 hours, covering a room of 500 sq ft.
The Crane Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier also has adjustable cool mist settings like the other humidifiers present on this list. The water reservoir is not just of the right capacity but also has a compact design for easy cleaning and refilling. The color-changing night light option is a plus to create the perfect ambiance in your child’s room to help them sleep better.
This modern humidifier is also an all-in-one humidifier model. This unit ensures that it adds moisture to the surroundings, while the diffuser and night light facility is also put to use. This cool mist humidifier has a separate provision to add essential oils or Vicks vapopads that can spread its comfort across the entire room. This can deliver calming aromatherapy as well as relief from cold symptoms. The whisper-quiet operation of this smart humidifier makes it ideal for a baby’s room. The unit is also one of the best humidifiers that an automatic shut off when the tank is dry or the water tank has been removed.
Are you convinced that these features in the Crane Ultrasonic cool mist humidifier are apt for a baby nursery? If yes, visit Amazon.com for excellent discounts to buy this modern humidifier, one of the best humidifiers for babies from Crane.
Pros and Cons of Crane Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier:
- The best humidifier for babies with a simple and elegant design.
- Equipped to provide the same comfort as hot water vaporizers using cool mist with its provision to add essential oils and Vicks vapopads.
- The smart Auto shutoff feature keeps the unit safe.
- The tank has a design for easy cleaning without getting the floor wet. A simple cleaning brush can be used for consistent care.
- Provides relief from cold symptoms for babies in the baby’s nursery.
- One of the best baby humidifiers that can control how much humidity is sent into the room to keep the air moist.
4. LEVOIT 3L Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier
The next unit on the list is the LEVOIT 3L Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier. This is one of the trustworthy best humidifiers for babies that is built with all features essential to add moist air to the dry environment. Keeping the baby’s nursery comfortable ensures that the child is free from dry air or low humidity symptoms like dry skin, dry throat, itchy eyes, congestion, cold and flu symptoms, etc. Let us at the reasons why this is the best humidifier for babies.
The LEVOIT 3L Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier is both a humidifier and a diffuser. Most humidifiers work to keep the space moist also, but this unit is built to handle the humidity levels in the right measure, function as a night light, and also provide calming comfort of essential oils. The 3L water tank is adequate to operate for 3 nights without a refill. Cleaning the tank without getting the floor wet is also easy.
Moreover, this cool mist humidifier has a 360° nozzle which allows you to decide the mist direction. This feature is perfect to receive the desired humidification for any part of the room. Another reason why customers suggest this model as the best humidifier for the nursery is its silent operation. This is perfect not just for babies, but also for smaller bedrooms and workspaces.
Do you want to bring home the LEVOIT 3L Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier to keep your baby protected against low humidity? Visit Amazon.com to purchase this unit, one of the best cool mist humidifiers for the best price.
Pros and Cons of LEVOIT 3L Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier
- Highly recommended as one of the best cool mist humidifiers to balance the humidity level of a baby’s nursery by adding moist air.
- Designed to function as both a humidifier and diffuser.
- Comes with a separate section to add any essential oil and has a night light. These features make it an ideal choice for baby humidifiers.
- The perfect Whisper quiet design makes it a suitable choice for baby humidifiers.
- One of the best humidifiers for babies with a 3L water tank.
- A baby humidifier that assures easy cleaning of the tank using a bottle brush.
- A smart humidifier for any baby nursery since its features auto-shutoff.
- This cool mist baby humidifier permits adjustment of the mist direction across the baby’s nursery.
5. AquaOasis 2.2L Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier
The unit we have next on the list is one of the best ultrasonic cool mist humidifiers available in the market- AquaOasis 2.2L Cool Mist Humidifier. The compact size, features, and efficiency of this humidifier make it one of the best humidifiers for babies. Keeping low humidity away and the side effects that come is possible with the baby humidifier. Let us take a look at the features that guarantee this unit to bed the best choice for a baby’s nursery.
The 2.2L filter-free large-capacity water reservoir in this baby humidifier is sufficient to carry out humidification for up to 24 hours after a single refill. The tank is also easy to refill and clean using just a simple cleaning brush or bottle brush. The Whisper quiet functioning of this unit makes it ie of the best cool mist humidifiers for not just the baby’s nursery, but also for workspaces and bedrooms.
Have complete control over the humidity of the baby nursery by making use of the adjustable mist nozzle. The super simple control dial and 360° rotating nozzle make it effortless to have control over the mist flow direction. The added advantage of this AquaOasis baby humidifier is the auto shutoff feature. Keep the baby’s nursery and the unit protected with this automatic feature that does not require supervision when the tank is dry or removed.
Do these features of the AquaOasis baby humidifier meet your expectations? If yes, visit Amazon.com right away to bring home this unit, one of the best humidifiers for babies.
Pros and Cons of AquaOasis 2.2L Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier:
- Among the top-selling budget-friendly baby humidifiers in the market.
- Ideal for a baby nursery due to its silent functioning.
- 2.2L water reservoir is of the right capacity for a baby humidifier, giving a run time of 24 hours after a single refill.
- 360° rotating nozzle makes this one of the best baby humidifiers for adjustable mist flow direction.
- Best budget-friendly baby humidifier available in the market.
6. Livatro Kids BPA Free Cool Mist Humidifier
On the list of the best humidifiers for babies, we have the Livatro Kids BPA Free Cool Mist Humidifier. This cool mist unit is built with several features that make it one of the most trustworthy baby humidifiers available on the market.
The safe and healthy Livatro Kids BPA Free Cool Mist Humidifier is made of BPA-free material. This ensures that the vapor inhaled is clean and free from harmful agents. Like most humidifiers that have large tank capacities, this unit has a 1.6L tank with 40 hours of run time. It is a popular choice as a baby humidifier because of the attractive cartoon designs it comes in.
The Livatro Kids BPA Free Cool Mist Humidifier can automatically shut down when the tank is empty or removed, making this a safe choice for a baby’s nursery. The simple control dial and 360° rotating nozzle ensure that you can choose the direction of mist flow. You can decide to have control over the humidity adjustment depending on the climatic conditions and moisture content in the air.
The perfectly silent 32dB of noise while functioning makes this perfect as a baby humidifier. You can be assured that the unit running will not disturb a sleeping baby. Like most humidifiers with the latest technology, the Livatro Kids Cool Mist unit also is a diffuser, humidifier, and night light. Create a calm ambiance for your baby’s nursery with this baby humidifier.
Does the Livatro Kids BPA Free Cool Mist Baby Humidifier meet your expectations to be placed in the baby’s nursery? Visit Amazon.com to buy this humidifier at the best offer price.
Livatro Kids BPA Free Cool Mist HumidifierVerdict:
- One of the best humidifiers for babies comes with a 1.6L tank that can deliver a run time of 40 hours.
- Safest baby humidifier with automatic shutdown.
- Silent humidifier for baby’s nursery with 32dB noise output.
- Equipped with an adjustable 360° rotating nozzle.
7. Safety 1st Filter Free Cool Mist Humidifier
The last unit that we have on the list is the Safety 1st Filter Free Cool Mist Humidifier. This small and compact humidifier finds a place on the list as one of the best humidifiers for babies because of its simple and user-friendly features.
The top hand that this humidifier comes with makes it hassle-free to take the unit from room to room, wherever humidification is necessary. The water reservoir of this humidifier can be refilled with ease, without any spills or mess due to the flat top that can rest under the faucet easily.
The rotating mist cap in the Safety 1st Filter Free Cool Mist Humidifier is perfect to have the humidity level and flow of mist adjusted to suit the prevailing humid conditions of the baby’s room. Are you interested in purchasing this simple humidifier for your baby’s room? Visit Amazon.com to avail more exciting offers on Safety 1st Filter Free Cool Mist Humidifier.
Pros and Cons of Safety 1st Filter Free Cool Mist Humidifier:
- One of the best humidifiers for babies.
- A simple easy-to-handle humidifier that is perfect not just for the baby’s room but for any small room that can use humidification.
- Mess-free water reservoir that is easy to refill and empty.
- Firm grip handle that makes it portable in any room.
- Adjustable moisture output and mist nozzle make this one of the best humidifiers for babies.
Best humidifier for infants room:
Fridababy 3-in-1 Humidifier and Diffuser
Pure Enrichment MistAire Cloud Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier
Best For Budget:
AquaOasis 2.2L Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier
How can you humidify baby’s room without a humidifier?
It is not difficult to humidify a baby’s room without a humidifier. There are few natural ways to add moisture to the surrounding. You must remember that none of these steps are as effective as using a humidifier.
- Indoor plants: The process of transpiration, where moisture evaporates as water vapor from the surface of the plant and its leaves will add moisture to the space around it. Having indoor plants can increase the humidity of the room naturally.
- Water in a bowl: Leaking open bowls of water, either in ceramic or steel will promote adding moist air to the place. You can place these bowls over the heat counters or radiators.
- Wet clothes: Drying wet clothes inside the house or room will also increase the humidity of the room. You can dry the baby’s clothes on a rack inside the baby’s room to add moisture to the room naturally.
- Showering: Steamy showers are a good source of moisture. Leave the door of the bathroom open after a shower to increase the moisture content in the room. If your baby’s nursery does not have a bathroom attached to it, you can simply leave water in a bowl under direct sunlight.
How to maintain the baby humidifier?
A simple and easy cleaning routine must be in place even for the best baby humidifiers. All models need consistent cleaning and drying to keep away from mold, mildew, and other microorganisms. Dirty humidifiers and dirty air filters are the sources of trouble.
Each time you drain or refill the tank, quickly rinse it with soapy water and a soft bottle or cleaning brush. This will remove any stubborn residue still attached to the bottom or the sides of the water reservoir.
Washable internal parts must be cleaned regularly. Reaching out to a professional to check on the quality of the internal parts will also ensure that the unit is in good condition and functioning without any hiccups.
What should humidifier be set at for baby?
Experts recommend maintaining the baby’s room between 40% to 60% humidity levels. This is the safety and healthiest relative humidity level to keep away the proliferation of allergens and also keep the bay comfortable with moisturized skin and trouble-free breathing.
1. Should humidifier be on all night in baby room?
You can allow a humidifier to run all night in the nursery. However, this is advised only for humidifiers that have an automatic shut-down function and self-regulatory humidistat. Leaving the unit unmonitored can lead to an excess of humidification.
2. Can a baby’s room be too humid?
Yes, adding too much moisture to the room without monitoring the existing levels of humidity will result in over-humidification of the room.
3. Where to find Frida mom humidifier instructions ?
The Frida humidifier user manual will be available along with the product on purchase. You can also visit Amazon.com to get a hold of the Frida Mom user manual.
4. What are pediatrician recommended humidifiers?
Fridababy 3-in-1 Humidifier and Diffuser, Pure Enrichment MistAire Cloud Ultrasonic Cool Mist Humidifier, are two of the best pediatrician-recommended humidifiers.
5. Which humidifier is best for baby in winter?
The Fridababy 3-in-1 Humidifier and Diffuser are of the top-selling best humidifiers available in the market for babies in comparison to the other humidifiers. It has all the features to create a comfortable humidity level in both the cold winters and the warm winters.
With this, we have reached the end of the article. We trust you were able to get a brief look into the best humidifiers for babies. Remember, never comprise on the quality and safety measures built into the humidifier for the nursery. Share with us your experiences using the baby humidifiers and the units that you like the best.
About The Author
Olivia — a self-confessed air quality addict — is a home climate enthusiast, fresh air advocate, and someone with deep personal experience and knowledge about mold extermination. Her work was mentioned in countless notable humidity publications. Previously she was an editor at Mold Remediation.