A Detailed Guide On Buying The Best Dehumidifier for 1000 Sq Ft Area
Last updated on: March 1, 2023.
Choosing the right size of dehumidifier is important to maintain the ideal balance in humidity levels in any space. There are plentiful dehumidifiers available in the market that can extract moisture from a 1000 sq ft area in the right measure without drying out the space.
Here we have for you the list of the best dehumidifiers for 1000 sq ft. Take a thorough look into the features and specifications each of these models come with to make your decision.
Can we buy a 1500 Sq Ft dehumidifier for a 1000 Sq Ft basement?
Yes, a 1500 sq ft dehumidifier will work effortlessly for a 1000 sq ft basement.
So, which dehumidifier do we recommend?
We recommend the hOmeLabs dehumidifier as the best unit for a 1000 sq ft area.
Why should you trust us?
We take our task of bringing our readers the best dehumidifiers on the market seriously. The list you find here has been compiled after carefully analysing so many models available in the market. Each of the models you find here is a bestseller with its own share of highlights.
Comparing best dehumidifiers for 1000 Sq Ft Basement: Say Bye To Humidity!
|Our Top Pick||hOmeLabs 1,500 Sq. Ft Energy Star Dehumidifier✦ Continuous 24-hour cycle
✦ Eliminates Moisture Effectively
✦ Quiet fan
|Runner Up||Vremi 22 Pint 1,500 Sq. Ft. Dehumidifier✦ Minimal energy consumption
✦ Shuts off automatically
✦ Maximum moisture removal
|AIRPLUS 1,500 Sq. Ft 30 Pints Dehumidifier for Home✦ STANDARD, DRYING, SLEEP and RAINING Modes
✦ 1.5L capacity
|Yaufey 1750 Sq. Ft Dehumidifiers for Home✦ Intelligent control panel
✦ Regular and turbo fan speeds
✦ 30-Days Money Back Guarantee
|Vacplus 1,500 Sq. Ft. Dehumidifier 30 Pints Dehumidifier✦ 24-hour timer
✦ Efficiently dries clothes with One button.
✦ 2 Drainage Modes
|Smart||Honeywell Smart WiFi Energy Star Dehumidifier✦ Compatible with Amazon Alexa voice commands
✦ Continuous Drain Outlet
✦ Durable air filter
|energy saving||Midea Cube 20 Pint Dehumidifier for Basement✦ Energy-Saving Dehumidification
✦ Auto restart function
✦ Full water alert
|TCL 20 Pint (1,500 sq. ft.) Portable Dehumidifier✦ Bucket Full Indicator
✦ Auto Defrost
✦ Continuous Operation Mode
1. hOmeLabs Dehumidifier
First, on the list as the best dehumidifier for 1000 sq ft, we have a hOmeLabs Dehumidifier. The hOmeLabs Dehumidifier with 22 pint capacity is one of the best dehumidifier models for a 1000 sq ft area.
The sturdy unit of this 22 pint energy star dehumidifier is designed to absorb 22 to 30 pints of moisture from the air per day. Since this model is an energy star dehumidifier, you can trust this unit to carry out moisture removal effectively and maintain the ideal humidity levels of any space it is placed in without spiking up the energy bill. If your home or workspace is in need of humidity control and excess moisture in the air to be taken care of, look into the hOmeLabs 1000 sq ft 20 pint energy star dehumidifier.
Along with extracting 30 pints of water from the air, this unit ensures the living space, whole house, laundry room, or any area is kept free from mold and allied health problems that arise from excess moisture in the air. Make sure you choose the right size of the hOmeLabs whole house dehumidifier to suit the room size and benefit from its energy efficient operation in removing moisture from the air and controlling the humidity levels.
You will be glad to see that this whole house dehumidifier comes with a sleek design that is easy to accommodate and move around. The advantageous features that make this 30 pint dehumidifier one of the best models you can find include the option to adjust the ideal humidity level and moisture level that you want to be maintained across the rooms of the entire home, the choice to run the dehumidifier unit on a continuous 24-hour cycle until the water tank capacity is reached, full tank indicator, auto shutoff feature, auto defrost, auto restart, manual draining and continuous draining via the drain hose, and more.
This 1000 sq ft dehumidifier also comes with a turbo mode. With the turbo mode, you get maximum humidity control and powerful extraction of the excess moisture from the air. The hOmeLabs Dehumidifier unit is conscious of the noise level that is generated while operating. Hence you can rest assured that one can expect quiet operation while the moisture level is being maintained.
The removable air filter can be cleaned and reused, ensuring the dryer air that you receive after the water from the air is removed is clean and free from dust mites, mold spores, and allergens.
The water tank capacity of 0.8 gallons is sufficient to hold the 22 pints of moisture per day removed from the air. Cleaning and maintenance of the water tank can also be taken care of with ease.
Does this best dehumidifier for 1000 sq ft meet your expectations from a unit that can maintain the humidity levels efficiently? Is the water per day removed from this dehumidifier adequate for humidity control? If yes, visit Amazon.com right away to bring home one of the best dehumidifiers available in the market to get seamless humidity level maintenance in your home.
Pros and Cons of hOmeLabs Dehumidifier
- Sturdy unit that can remove up to 30 pints of moisture per day from the environment.
- One of the best dehumidifiers to maintain the humidity level of space with 1000 sq ft.
- An energy star certified design that can deliver excellent performance with energy efficiency.
- Built with features that make the operation of 22 pints dehumidifier easy like- caster wheels, handles, auto defrost, shut off, and restart, user-friendly control panel, adjustable fan speeds, large water reservoir to store the extracted 22 pints of water per day, etc.
- Works generating minimal noise level.
- hOmeLabs is one of the best brands with exceptional customer reviews on their dehumidifiers.
2. Vremi 22 Pint Energy Star Dehumidifier
Next on the list as the best dehumidifier for 1000 sq ft, we have a 22 pint dehumidifier. The Vremi 22 Pint Dehumidifier is also the right size to cover an area of 1000 square feet. Keeping your home safe and protected against excess moisture content in the air and from the related humidity level problems can be dealt with ease using this energy star dehumidifier.
To carry out high energy efficient moisture removal this model is designed to be energy star certified. The energy star certification ensures that high energy bill is avoided while the unit operates to remove moisture from the air. The water tank with 0.8 gallon capacity is adequate to hold the 30 pints of water extracted. Although licensed as a 22 pint dehumidifier, the unit can function equivalent to a 30 pint dehumidifier. The 30 pint capacity is an ideal size indeed to cover a 1000 sq ft space.
The features that help this Vremi 22 pints dehumidifier to maintain the humidity level include; a 24-hour cycle that can automatically absorb the 30 pints of moisture per day, full tank indicator, auto shutoff feature, auto shut down and restart, auto defrost, Turbo mode to increase the process of dehumidification to get powerful moisture removal, washable and reusable air filter, continuous draining using the drain hose and manual draining of the water reservoir, sleek and portable design, energy efficient operation, user-friendly control panel, and more.
Does this energy efficient 1000 square feet dehumidifier mark off your expectations as one of the best dehumidifiers to keep the air free from moisture in the air, dust mites, and other allergens that can lead to health problems? If yes, bring home this best dehumidifier for 1000 sq ft after careful analysis of customer reviews to keep your living space protected from high humidity. Visit Amazon.com to bring home this Vremi dehumidifier, one of the best brands that build dehumidifiers to execute humidity control.
Pros and Cons of Vremi 22 Pint Energy Star Dehumidifier
- Vremi is one of the most trusted brands with excellent customer reviews.
- One of the best dehumidifiers to bring about energy efficient dehumidification process.
- Guaranteed energy efficiency with the energy star certified model.
- A high-capacity unit that can carry out moisture removal to cover an area of 1000 sq ft.
- An excellent quality air filter that can turn moist air into drier air across an area of 1000 square feet.
- A reusable and washable air filter that prioritises first to keep the home free from dust mites and allergens.
- Convenient features and easy to operate design to keep the humidity level of the home under control; user-friendly control panel, auto shut down and restart, removable water reservoir, large enough reservoir to store the extracted water from the air, and more.
- Maintains less noise level while operating.
3. AIRPLUS 1500 square feet Dehumidifier
Next on the list as the best dehumidifier for 1000 sq ft, we have AIRPLUS 30 pint dehumidifier. This is one of the best dehumidifiers that can absorb 30 pints of water from the air across the room. The pint capacity of this 30 pint dehumidifier is adequate to keep any living space; be it laundry rooms, living rooms, bathrooms, bedrooms, etc., free from moisture and its problems.
If your home or rooms are in need of humidity level maintenance, take a second look into this AIRPLUS 30 pint dehumidifier, which is highly recommended to keep the humidity levels and moisture level of a home under check with its high-performing unit. The excess water from the air that is removed is stored in the 1.5 L water reservoir. This tank capacity is sufficient to hold the 30 pints of moisture extracted across 1000 to 1500 square feet. When you have a full tank, the dehumidifier will indicate to the customer that it is time for emptying.
Draining the tank of the water that is collected can be done manually or using a drain hose. Easy dehumidification of the unit in the home and all of its rooms is carried out with multiple modes. Standard, Drying, Sleep, and Raining are the different modes in this 30 pint dehumidifier to carry out moisture removal to suit the room size. You have the choice to switch between modes in this dehumidifier to carry out moisture extraction in accordance with the room size and levels set in the built-in humidistat.
This 30 pint energy star dehumidifier is indeed one of the best dehumidifiers for a room size or home of 1000 to 1500 square feet. If this dehumidifier seems like the ideal choice to wade away mold and high humidity troubles, make sure you first read thoroughly into the reviews and then arrive at your decision. Visit Amazon.com to learn more about why AIRPLUS is one of the best brands and why this unit can be the right choice for your home.
Pros and Cons of AIRPLUS 1500 square feet Dehumidifier
- Energy efficient 30 pint unit with energy star certification that can carry out moisture removal with ease without increasing the energy bill.
- One of the most trusted brands with excellent reviews in building dehumidifiers.
- Comes with a powerful unit to cover an area of 1500 sq ft effortlessly.
- Can protect the home and every room from mold and mildew, and improve air quality.
- Satisfactory customer reviews on its user-friendly features like elegant design, control panel, reusable air filter, compact build that doesn’t occupy much space, auto shut and restart, full tank indicator, works with minimal noise level generation, continuous draining via drain hose or manual draining options, etc.
4. Yaufey 1750 sq ft Dehumidifier
To keep your home safe from high moisture content in the air, and mold, next we have the best dehumidifier for 1000 sq ft Yaufey 30 pints dehumidifier. The unit that this dehumidifier comes with can absorb 30 to 32.7 pints of moisture from the air. You can be assured that moisture removal and humidity maintenance will be carried out effortlessly with this dehumidifier.
Yaufey is also one of the popular brands that manufacture powerful dehumidifiers. This particular model has a pint capacity of 32.7 pints and can cover an area of 1750 sq ft. This space is large enough to cover a medium-sized home, large living rooms, bedrooms, etc. Covering a large room size is simple work for this Yaufey 1000 sq ft dehumidifier.
The convenient features that make this one among the best dehumidifiers for a space of 1000 sq ft area include; light touch intelligent panel, 24-hour automatic cycle, auto shutoff feature, drain hose outlet for continuous drainage, and easy to drain water reservoir that stores the absorbed water from the air, regular and turbo mode to carry out moisture removal from the environment as required, reusable and washable air filter, and more.
The sleek design and portable design of Yaufey dehumidifiers are one of the first reasons that they rank well in customer reviews. The other advantages you gain by purchasing this 1000 sq ft dehumidifier are a 30-Days Money Back Guarantee, 12-month free replacements, and lifetime support.
Does this energy efficient Yaufey dehumidifier for 1750 square feet seem like the right fit for your home to get humidity at bay and reduce the growth of mold? If yes, visit Amazon.com right away to bring home this model which is one of the best dehumidifiers for 1000 sq ft to keep the air free from high humidity and the air free from dust mites, allergens, mold spores, etc.
Pros and Cons of Yaufey 1750 sq ft Dehumidifier
- One of the best dehumidifiers for moisture extraction.
- Comes with a sturdy design.
- Convenient user-friendly specifications like auto shutoff feature, washable air filters, minimal noise level while operating, high energy efficiency for functioning, high power filter to enhance air quality, drain hose included on purchase of dehumidifiers, etc.
- One of the best dehumidifiers to keep mold and mildew away.
- Large capacity to cover several rooms or large space.
5. Vacplus Dehumidifier
Next on the list, we have the Vacplus dehumidifier. This model is equipped to cover an area of 1500 square feet, absorbing 30 pints from the environment. This 30 pint dehumidifier also has excellent reviews and is trusted as one of the best because of its performance and features.
The 30 pints of excess moisture extracted is stored in the 1.35 L water reservoir. Emptying the water reservoir is easy, either with manual draining or with the drain hose included with the dehumidifier. You also have a full water tank indicator to remind you to empty the tank in time to prevent overflows.
The other helpful features built into this 30 pint dehumidifier are auto shut down and auto restart, auto defrost, low noise level operation, 24-hour timer, adjustable fan speeds, and more.
Does this dehumidifier meet your expectations for a 1000 sq ft dehumidifier? If yes, visit Amazon.com right away to bring home this model, one of the best dehumidifiers for humidity control.
Pros and Cons of Vacplus 1500 sq ft Dehumidifier
- Best dehumidifier with a simple and elegant design that is perfect for small to medium-sized areas.
- Convenient features like energy efficiency, portability, automatic timer, restart, shut off, defrost, silent operation, and more.
- Affordable pricing with a sturdy and powerful unit.
6. Honeywell Smart Energy Star Dehumidifier
The next best dehumidifier for 1000 sq ft that we have on the list is the Honeywell Smart Energy Star Dehumidifier. Extracting excess water vapor content from the air using energy efficient dehumidifiers is a wise choice to ensure you don’t spike up the energy bill. The Honeywell energy efficient dehumidifier is one such model that can cover an area of up to 1000 square feet effortlessly.
Getting rid of high moisture content, mold, mildew, and other humidity issues coupled with energy efficiency is a guarantee with this energy efficient dehumidifier unit. You can also rest assured that the air quality in your home is constantly being monitored and renewed with the high-capacity air filters. The Air Filter Clean Alert ensures that you clean the filters on time.
The other special features in this unit that make this one of the best energy start 30 pint dehumidifiers include; a powerful sturdy unit for seamless 30 pints of moisture extraction, low noise operation that keeps the home atmosphere undisturbed, portable design, Wi Fi enabled that is compatible with Alexa voice control, adjustable fan settings, detachable water tank with full tank indicator, spill guard, manual and continuous draining feature, etc.
Are you convinced that the Honeywell 30 pint energy star dehumidifier is the best choice for your home to keep the humidity in the air under control? Visit Amazon.com to purchase this energy star best dehumidifier for 1000 sq ft at the best price.
Pros and Cons of Honeywell Smart 30 Pint Energy Star Dehumidifier
- One of the best dehumidifiers to get moisture extraction from the air with energy efficiency and high capacity.
- Energy star certified design.
- Unit built to remove 30 oints of excess water content from the air.
- The noise level generated while performing is minimal.
- Ideal for a room size with 1000 to 1500 square feet.
7. Midea Cube 20 Pint Dehumidifier
Next on the list as the best dehumidifier for 1000 sq ft, we have Midea Cube 20 Pint Dehumidifier. This is one of the ideal dehumidifiers that can help you not just keep your energy bill under check with its energy efficient design, but it is also one among the best dehumidifiers that can operate in an extended or nested form.
The features that make this the best dehumidifier for 1000 sq ft include; smart control with Wi-Fi connectivity and Alexa control, portable design, mess-free water removal from the tank, full tank alert, auto restart, auto defrost, and adjustable humidity settings.
Do you think your home will benefit from this 20 pint dehumidifier that can offer effortless 1000 to 1500 sq ft coverage? Keep your home, office, bathroom, bedroom, garage, or any space protected against mold and excess water vapor content in the air with this Midea Cube dehumidifier. Visit Amazon.com right away to purchase this unit at the best price.
Pros and Cons of Midea Cube 20 Pint Dehumidifier
- One of the best dehumidifiers with an extendable design.
- Unit sturdy and powerful to render high performance.
- Energy star model that assures energy efficient operation all day long.
- Perfect choice to keep mold, mildew, musty odors, and humidity away.
- An advanced air filter system that ensures air quality is not compromised.
- Low noise level operation
7. TCL 20 Pint Dehumidifier
As the final unit on the list, we have TCL 20 Pint Dehumidifier. This is one the best models of dehumidifiers trusted to keep any room in a home or office safe from excess humidity levels. Keep the air and environment around you safe from moisture, mold, dampness, and its troubles with this TCL dehumidifier.
The excellent features in this unit that make it a great choice for moisture extraction from air includes; removable and washable air filter, 24-hour timer, full bucket indicator with alarm, auto defrost and restart, low temperature operation, continuous operation mode, guaranteed energy efficiency, and more.
Do you think this is indeed the best dehumidifier you can bring home to keep any room protected from the damages caused by moist air? If yes, hurry now to Amazon.com to bring home this energy efficient dehumidifier and keep the home and air safe.
Pros and Cons of TCL 20 Pint Dehumidifier
- Simple and elegant design.
- Energy efficient functioning.
- Can keep the air free from moist air and allergens.
The winner on the list is the highly recommended hOmeLabs 30 pints unit. hOmeLabs is one of the best and most recommended models with supreme operation with high energy efficiency. We trust it is indeed the best dehumidifier for a compact space.
Key Features You Must Look For When Buying A Compact Dehumidifier
A few of the key features to first look for while purchasing a compact dehumidifier.
- Energy star for energy efficient operation.
- Auto restart, auto shut down, and auto defrost.
- Air filter with high quality.
- Built in humidistat.
What is the best way to ventilate a basement naturally?
The best ways to naturally ventilate basements are to use exhaust fans with a ventilation pipe, place a fan in front of windows to push out the humid air outdoor, and opening the windows when possible.
1. What size dehumidifier for 500 sq ft?
A 20 to 30 pint dehumidifier will suffice for a 500 square feet area.
2. How do you know if you need a humidifier or dehumidifier?
A home with above 50% humidity will need a dehumidifier.
Any space that has under 30% humidity needs a humidifier.
3. What size dehumidifier for 1400 sq ft house?
It is recommended to invest in a 30 to 40 pint dehumidifier for a house with a 1400 sq ft area.
4. Is a 70 pint dehumidifier large enough for unfinished basement of 2,000 sq ft?
Yes, usually 70 pint units are equipped to cover spaces larger than 2000 sq ft.
5. How many square feet does a 50 pint dehumidifier cover?
A 50 pint dehumidifier can cover 2000 to 2500 square feet. Some units might be able to cover even larger areas. This might vary between brands.
6. What is the number one rated dehumidifier?
hOmeLabs dehumidifiers rank first on the list.
7. Will a dehumidifier make a room smell better?
Dehumidifiers are incapable of adding artificial fragrance or making the room smell better. However, they are capable of removing musty and unpleasant odors from dampness and high humidity. If your home or room is filled with a musty odor, a dehumidifier can certainly help you with that.
8. Can you leave dehumidifier on overnight?
Yes, dehumidifiers can be allowed to function overnight. Check the user manual to fully understand how the model you have purchased functions.
9. Is 70% humidity too high for basement?. Can you leave dehumidifier on overnight?
Yes, a relative humidity level of 70% is high. Most moisture problems and mold growth beings at 70% RH.
With this we have reached the end of the post, We trust you found the dehumidifier that is going to keep your home and room free from moist air. We recommend that you choose the right size of dehumidifier cautiously. Share with us, your experiences with dehumidifiers for compact spaces.
About The Author
Olivia — a self-confessed air quality addict — is a home climate enthusiast, fresh air advocate, and someone with deep personal experience and knowledge about mold extermination. Her work was mentioned in countless notable humidity publications. Previously she was an editor at Mold Remediation.